cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM - INPUT-USER-CREDENTIALS fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i am trying to run SUM to update a 7.31 SP0 NetWeaver Java Stack, which runs within a Virtual Machine, but the system gets following error message when executing the step

"INPUT-USER-CREDENTIALS" (Input Java Administrator user credentials).

Could not display dialog UserPasswords. Could not execute dialog UserPasswords. See previous messages. Error while trying to validate Administrator password. Possible reason: the J2EE engine is not started. Error while trying to get initial context. com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. No server is running. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance.] com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance. com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4RuntimeException: Unexpected exception. Nested exception is: java.io.EOFException: End of stream is reached unexpectedly during input from Socket[addr=/192.168.51.160,port=50004,localport=51407]

I did provide the correct user password and the J2EE is up and running. Everything else does work as normal, just the SUM does not want to work. That´s the first time I used SUM as JSPM was disabled.

Any help is welcome.

Regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Follow the below steps:

1. Telnet to check the connection

telnet 192.168.51.160 50004

telnet 192.168.51.160 51407

Paste the output of the above command.

Also check the value of  parameter service/protectedwebmethods in DEFAULT.PFL.

Also do paste the log INPUT-USER-CREDENTIALS from SUM directory log file.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

telnet does connect to port 50004, but there is no output. THe other port does not make sense, because it is the local port and not the server port. My DEFAULT.PFL is correct.

Here is the log output

UseCaseExec log-file:

Nov 20, 2014 10:58:07 PM [Info]: Starting execution of Step Step ID: input-user-credentials

Service Ref: com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.DialogService

Operation: showDialog

Can Revoke: true

Display Name: Input Java administrator user credentials

Can Reset: false

Step Parameters Map: {0=Parameter

Type: in

Index: 0

Reference: null

Value Type: string

Value: UserPasswords

Is password: false

dataModelStorage: false

Entries: []

, 1=Parameter

Type: in

Index: 1

Reference: null

Value Type: map

Value: null

Is password: false

dataModelStorage: false

Entries: [Entry

Key: JeeAdminPassword

Ref: JeeAdminPassword

Is Password: false

Name: null

Type: string

, Entry

Key: JeeAdminUser

Ref: JeeAdminUser

, Entry

Key: JeeSdmPassword

Ref: JeeSdmPassword

]

}

Nov 20, 2014 10:58:07 PM [Info]: Loaded parameters for operation showDialog.

Nov 20, 2014 10:59:45 PM [Info]: Changed the execution state of Step input-user-credentials from RUNNING to ABORTED.

Nov 20, 2014 10:59:45 PM [Error]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException.

Nov 20, 2014 10:59:45 PM [Info]: Changed the execution state of Module detect-system from RUNNING to ABORTED.

Nov 20, 2014 10:59:45 PM [Error]: A problem has occurred: com.sap.sdt.executor.exception.StepExecutionException: Problem while trying to execute operation on service  input-user-credentials. The following problem has occurred java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException. CSN Component BC-UPG-TLS-TLJ.

Could not display dialog UserPasswords.

Could not execute dialog UserPasswords. See previous messages.

Error while trying to validate Administrator password.

Possible reason: the J2EE engine is not started.

Error while trying to get initial context.

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. No server is running. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance.]

com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance.

com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ConnectionException: Incorrect client ID. The stub is not connected yet.

Nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: No alive connection.

Nov 20, 2014 10:59:46 PM [Info]: Zip file C:\usr\sap\SUM\sdt\log\errorReport.zip with collected logs created succesfully.

and the

INPUT-USER-CREDENTIALS log file:

Nov 20, 2014 10:58:07 PM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator jeeAdminPassEliminator does not allow to omit dialog UserPasswords

Nov 20, 2014 10:58:07 PM [Info  ]: Dialog eliminator jeeAdminUserEliminator does not allow to omit dialog UserPasswords

Nov 20, 2014 10:58:38 PM [Info  ]: Validatable parameter J2EE/J2EEADMIN/PWD has been validated by validator RequiredFields.

Nov 20, 2014 10:58:38 PM [Info  ]: Validating password of JEE Engine User Administrator.

Nov 20, 2014 10:59:45 PM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DiagException: Could not display dialog UserPasswords.

Could not execute dialog UserPasswords. See previous messages.

Error while trying to validate Administrator password.

Possible reason: the J2EE engine is not started.

Error while trying to get initial context.

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. No server is running. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance.]

com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance.

com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ConnectionException: Incorrect client ID. The stub is not connected yet.

Nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: No alive connection.

I have the feeling the process does connect on port 50004 correctly, but then it takes ages to get any response and it ends into a timeout.  I experience currently also a incredible slow response, when using JSPM and i guess that might be related to each other?

The SUM version I have downloaded was just yesterday uploaded by SAP, so any "bug-fix" highlighted in any other thread on SCN must have been included already.

Any other idea, what i could have done wrong?

(I have also checked the provided notes, but those did not solve my issue)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

You need to check the Dispatcher port 50004 and why it is not getting connected to the port 50004.

If you can open the url from the local system then it is connecting to port 50000.

telnet 192.168.51.160 50000 (if it is working then you need to check the port 50004)

You need to check the dispatcher port in system information page of http://192.168.51.160:50000/

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

As already informed, port 50004 is fine and telnet works. Other tools like JSPM also did work, so it is just this st.... SUM tool, which is stressing me out....

Regards,

Andreas

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have faced the same issue which you faced ... I have restarted and it worked .. may be P4 connection established with the restart .. SAP Netweaver 7.3 is the version that I am working on 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I was experience same problem like yours and later figured out a solution for myself.

Please add below settings in the end of your <sum folder>\sdt\param\jspm_config.txt

/jspm/deployVersionRule = updateAll

/jspm/forceMode = True

My environment is Windows Server 2008 X64 R2, MaxDB7.9, PO 7.31 initial version to SP14, SUM SP12.

I hope my solution also working for you.

Regards,

Nick

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using latest SUM tool version ?, just few days back SAP released SP12.

regards

Swami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Seems to be there is some issue with your P4 service, please check in configtool  as per below note.

It should solve your issue.

1726902 - PREPARE/INIT/USER_PASSWORD Error while trying to get initial context during upgrade or EHP installation

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

check the instance & DEFUALT profile for the hostname. whether physical or virtual and there should not be any links in  your profile directory.

And Check the SAPCONTROL & sapstartsrv process whether they are started and referring to the right hostnames and instace number and then give a retry.

Check the permission of the sapuxusercheck permission refer to note

Note 1563660 - sapcontrol, adm authorization issues (SUM)

Also do stop and start the sapstartsrv process before doing this.

Let us know whats the outcome and i can see this thread bit old so let us know whether your able to resolve this issue.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Raise an OSS message and have the issue fixed as this appears to be a bug in the SUM tool. A similar issue was fixed by replacing a file in the SUM directory which was provided by SAP.

Check this discussion :

Cheers

Reagan

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos