cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of OM IT 1010 for purchase requisition approval levels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone used this infotype for recording approval levels to be used by P2P/MM workflows? Need advice on how to proceed. Do I need  to create a new subtype or use existing Power of Atty.?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How exactly you wanted to use what is the business process.?

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkatesh,

Approval authority (Dollars) is assigned to the position. Authority may or may not be the same for the same type of position across the board - at one plant the manager has $500, at another the manager may have $5,000. Position having dollar approving authority may or may not be the Chief position.

Purchase requisition strategy can determine the need of approvals depending on dollar level - 1 level/2 level/5 levels etc.

Work Flow has release code and PERNR in container to determine the required Org Unit

What we are looking for: The way HR position can determine the dollar authority / have release code associated.

If a release code (with existing object or custom object) can be determined for a position, then WF can determine the correct position in the Org Unit and can marry MM release strategy --> Security role --> HR Position and can deliver the task to the right person.

If existing objet is used (IT 1010) no additional maintenance is required.

If custom object is created, will have to add authority/code in maintenance documentation and processes, e.g. while creating a new position, etc.,

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rodney,

When i look at that requirement i got confused and am not clear but how system works is for each position/work center we can maintain few details where such as authority/Power of attorney

Position X is identified and then later we have to know what is the maximum of Authority/Power of attorney where these details we can maintain as sub types of 1010 001 Full commercial power 002 Lmtd commercial power 003 Purchases up to DM 50,000.

I.e we have identified a position through reporting structure of an Organization XXXXXXXX for that position we can find out the maximum power of authorities with the help of 1010 info type then there we can decide that information has to be passed to the respective position or not if not loop at other position from the Organization/Reporting structure then find out Power of authority details initiate the works flow or etc.

Even in other way find out Power of authority value identify it from 1010 and check which position is assigned to that then initiate the work flow either it is a MM release strategy or what ever etc.

Regards

Venkatesh

Answers (0)