cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps of Migrating Control-M to Redwood CPS/Cronacle

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone help me in providing the steps of Migrating Control-M to Redwood CPS.

Thanks,

Peeyush

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't done it,

Logically It comes down to:

1. Exporting all the objects in file format
    • Job definitions/Job Chains/Event definitions/submit frames/Time windows
  2. Creating objects in CPS using the above file as input.
  3. Export the schedule information - start time/frequency of each job in a file format
  4. Map the start time/frequency to submit frame/timewindow/DateTimeZone format that CPS can understand.
  5. Either a hard stop (utilizing a system maintenance window) or soft stop of schedule in Control-M.
  6. Start full Schedule from CPS or phase out as per above decision.

Thanks

Nanda

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Thanks Asif for your detailed explanation. we will do the same if required.

Thanks & Regards

Peeyush Aggarwal

asif_muhammad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Peeyush,

Migration can be done by Redwood consultant as they have necessary tools to convert the exported objects in file format from Control-M to CPS understandable format(*.car files) as per my understanding as of now these tools are owned by consultancy so you have to contact SAP/ Redwood company to avail the consultancy as per your License agreement.

These car files can be imported in to CPS system then you have all objects in CPS except client specific customized scripts / object. now its upto project requirement to de schedule the jobs from control_m and activate the same in CPS as per plan like all in one go / system by system / client by client in phases etc..

KR

Muhammad Asif.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peeyush,

The migration can be done for you by consultants - they have all the necessary tools and experience in the matter.

Maybe somebody on here has experience with both control-M and CPS and is willing to help.

Regards,

HP