Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I did setup below couple of events.

Event_test:  D:\home\in\test2

Move dir: D:\home\out

Event_test1: D:\home\out\test2

Move dir: D:\home\in

In the above scenario both events are in loop. After i enabled them, both events got raised. At the same time I see many instances of Event_test and Event_test1 coming into pending status.

How come the other instances are coming into pending status though the file is not in the source directory?

Also I have not cleared the intial events which got raised and I didn't setup any automatic clear of the events.

Could you please advise.

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards,

Ramana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

File events will get raised when a file is detected, but they will queue up to get raised such that always one event is raised at any time. This is the expected behavior.

Regards Gerben

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben.

Thank you so much. Will they queue up  eventhough the file is not in the source directory?

In the above scenario, after the first loop, the file was in the 'in' directory as I have not cleared the initial events which got raised and the queue is piling up.

Please advise.

Regards,

Ram

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramana,

Since you are moving the files around, each file event detects a newer version of the file all the time making the event fire.

So file comes in in 'in', event fired, move file to 'out', file detected in 'out', raise event, move to 'in' etc...

The file events do not care about what happens to their files in the mean time, they are only looking out for files that match their pattern that they have not seen before (timestamp).

Hope this helps.

Regards Gerben

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

Thank you.

The file is not moving from the 'in' directory as I have not cleared the initial events which were raised. The file again came back to the 'in' directory after the first loop . Still I am confused how come the other instances for 'Event_test1' are in pending status if the file is in the 'in' directory(source directory of Event_test)?

Regards,

Ram

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ahh, I understand the confusion now. But the file is moved as part of the Raising process, not of the Clearing process. I think timing wise moving the file is actually done before the event is actually raised.

Regards Gerben

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

You can only ever have one event of a specific event definition raised at any given time. So, if you copy 10 files that match the pattern of the file event, 1 event will be raised, the 9 others will be pending. As soon as you clear the raised event, one of the pending events will be raised, and you will have 1 event raised, 8 pending and 1 cleared.

Regards,

HP

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carpenter,

Here I have only one file 'test2' that match the pattern of the file event in the soure directory. But how come the other instances of the same event are in pending status. Please advise.

Event_test:  D:\home\in\test2

Move dir: D:\home\out

Event_test1: D:\home\out\test2

Move dir: D:\home\in

Regards,

Ramana

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

You can only ever have one event of a specific event definition raised at any given time. So, if you copy 10 files that match the pattern of the file event, 1 event will be raised, the 9 others will be pending.

If you now copy another file, 1 will be raised, 1 cleared, and 10 will be pending.

Clear all events, and try again.

Regards,

HP