cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current BO v512 universes to new Oracle 11g database testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding testing of the current BO v512 universes to new Oracle 11g test/dev/prod databases -

Current there are two BO universes which are built on one business  application and designed on version 5.1.2 Designer and the existing associated database to that is oracle which is version 9. Recently, Oracle v9 database got upgarded to Oracle v11g database only .

Due to this reason, we will have to test them using BO 5.1.2 against our new Oracle 11g dev/test databases, without compromising the current Production systems.Would you please advise what steps are necessary to achieve this,  and let me know what exactly I will require from Oracle v11g database team about  its new connection details (database ids, locations, etc)so I could configure that universes in BO v512 designer

Thanks

Srini 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Wow BO5.1.2?!     I joined BObj in 2005, and version then was 5.1.6

would like to speak to one of our sales team to plan an upgrade?

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NK,

Thanks for your advise

Users are accessing BO v512 application via shared citrix url and this citrix server was hosted with Oracle v8.1 client(was installed for other business applications) along with BO v5.1.2 in the past and it has still been in usage for users

Do you mean to say that Oracle v9.2 client needs to be installed in addition to Oracle v8.1 client on same citrix server where BO v512 also got installed on it.Would  the BO v512 on citrix connect to oracle v11g remote database through required tnsnames.ora file placed under oracle v9.2 client?

Just curious to know this - What steps to follow for testing the current BO v512 universes that would connect to new Oracle v11g remote database from BO v512 designer ?

Kindly advise further.

Thanks

Srinivas

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this most likely will not work. Even oracle doesn't support 9.2 anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivasulu,

On paper Oracle 11g is not supported with BO 5.x.  

The only way you can try is installing Oracle 9.2 client and then connect to the Oracle 11g database. Again there is no support or guarantee that it will work.

In terms of configuring the connections, you need basic connection details & ensure TNSNAMES.ORA is updated with new DB details.

Reg,

NK