Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Adding standard field from LFA1 to MDG UI - Vendor General Data

former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have field GBDAT in LFA1 table i.e Birth Date. We need the same on the screen. So I have added ZBIRTHDT to the attributes for BP_VENGEN and doing all the necessary steps/mapping. When user enters value in this field, it needs to be stored in the standard field GBDAT of LFA1. I do not need a custom field in LFA1 for this. I have done all the necessary steps as per SAP document, but when I try to add field to the UI, in the Add Element my field doesnt show at all..

Steps

1. I have field Birth Date GBDAT in LFA1. This is present already in VMDS_EI_VMD_CENTRAL_DATA_XFLAG and VMDS_EI_VMD_CENTRAL_DATA also.

I edit data model BP and add an attribute ZBIRTHDT to BP_VENGEN

Activate the data model

2. Then executed Generate data-model specific structures

3. Field was successfully added to /MDGBPX/_S_BP_PP_BP_VENGEN

4. Next executed Adjust Staging Area of Linked Change Requests for the data model BP

Now executed Extend Mappings to do the SMT Mapping

1. Mapping SUPPL_BP_VENGEN_2API

2. Mapping SUPPL_BP_VENGEN_2STA

5. Next adding the field Birth Date to the UI

SE80 open WDR_CFGE_EDITOR.  Execute WD application customize_component

Component Name: FPM_OVP_COMPONENT

Configuration ID: BS_SP_OVP

When trying to add the field to ERP Vendor Data UIBB, I do not see the field ZBIRTHDT nor GBDAT in the list only.

Can someone please suggest what step I am missing. Attached are screenshots of SMT mapping.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Vanessa,

Sometimes the BRF+ gets on the way... I had some issues with fields not showing up in the Add Element section. What I did is I ran program USMD_ADAPT_BRF for the Data Model and this resolved my issue. Check it and see if that's the case for you.

Regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

We did all the mapping as per SAP documentation. We are not able to see this new field in attributes.

I also have executed USMD_ADAPT_BRF as well. But it did not help.

So apart from data model extension and mapping, Is enhancement and genIL  necessary?

Thanks,

Ramesh

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well, I had a similar scenario... I extended the structure with two new fields and they were picked up by the feeder class, no problem.

I did not have to extend the genIL for that...
That's how they appear:

You are probably not using the right UIBB. I use the BS_SP_GEN_ADMIN where I show the Additional Data section:

This is what I see in the Add Element popup:

And this is the wiring I have for the BS_SP_GEN_ADMIN

Best regards,

Boris

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Another thing you want to do is... when you do the SMT mapping you should map the actual field, not the whole tree... Not sure if that's what you did as the screenshots Vanessa posted are not showing that, but only a tree node mapping. I drill down and map the actual field.
BP_BP_CENTRL_2API

BP_BP_CENTRL_2STA

You also have the flags to be mapped.
Well, hope that gets you started ...

Cheers,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of the standard fields are hidden explicitly in the GenIL model. So, you should check there. Display the BUPA_CUSP standard enhancement in transaction GENIL_MODEL_BROWSER. Then, drill down to: Dependent Objects --> SP_GeneralData --> Attribute Structure --> GBDAT. Then, look in the field's details. What do you see in the "Attrib. Property" field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

I did all the mapping correct and I chose the right field to map. In fact I used tree structure to map.

Thank you for replying.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for replying Abdullah.

I looked at genIL and I can see the field Standard KUNNR field. Our intention is to bring KUNNR field to BP_VENGEN. It is already available in SP_GENERALDATA. If I make it visible, will that be enough?

So the enhancements and mapping for adding ZZKUNNR are not necessary ?

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does it say now: not defined or hidden? If is "not defined" then this is OK. The field should show up in your FPM configuration. If it is "hidden", then you would probably need an enhancement.

You can try creating a new enhancement. However, I doubt that it will allow you change the property right there. What you could probably do is create a handler class over-riding the GET_ATTRIBUTES method to enable this field (I'm not sure of the method name; it could be GET_PROPERTIES).

Former Member
0 Kudos

One step forward.

I was able to change the property of field KUNNR in SP_GENERALDATA to 'Not Defined'.

I was also able to add this field in UI through FPM. Now I created a CR to make sure if the data is flowing to ECC. Vendor was created but customer field is empty in Trading Partner field in ECC.

Am I missing anything else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Do I have to do any mapping for this new field KUNNR?

I looked for KUNNR in Supplier details of BP data model and in mapping structure. It's not available.

Do I have to write an enhancement ? If yes, should that be in feeder class?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a different issue than the original question and will cause confusion. Please open a new thread (and you can always have a reference to this thread in your new thread).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Any specific purpose to make std LFA1 field as Hidden in GennL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

LFA1-GBDAT is hidden in BOL Genil which is used for the FPM field catalog. Remark from SAP: n/a (Assumption: if required then via CVI mapping from BUT000. - hidden in genIL).

Have a look at the BP Metadata About the Data Models files. The Supplier one will give you this detail.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Henk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henk

Having same issue. Does not know the processure how to activate in General Integreation Layer (genIL)

former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

Do you have any document/link with steps how to add this field from BOL GenIL. I need to add more fields as well Birth Place, Natural Person and Gender.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a field is hidden in GenIL, you will need to create an enhancement and assign a new handler class that enables the field. As far as I know you can't change the properties of GenIL attributes in an enhancement. That's why you need to enable it using the new handler class. GenIL is displayed in transaction genil_model_browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Do you mean to create new entity with these attributes and new enhacement for genIL also?

Can we add custom fields for these fields in KNA1 and enhace data model by doing SDMT for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you just need to enhance the genil model in that transaction genil_model_browser. In there, you can define a new handler class (should be a child of the original class). In this new custom handler class, you can programmatically "un"-hide an attribute that was hidden in the genil model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Thank you for the reply.

Can we say that for Reuse mode if attributes are hidden in genIL then we need custom gelIL enhancement otherwise we can enhace reuse attributes by doing SMT only (May be we need to append structure in Target (ECC) structure? and in flex mode and reuse modie entity type enhacement we need custom gelIL enhancement always?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

How do we do an enhancement in genIL ?

Many nodes are available for BUPA component in GENIL_MODEL_BROWSER.

Can you send me the link on how to use GENIL_MODEL_BROWSER for extending a field in BP data model?

Thanks,

Ramesh