cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESI not deducted for Separation employee on middle of the month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

One Employee has resigned on 12.10.2014. His ESI is not deducted for the month of October 2014. In IT 0588. ESI End date is 12.10.2014.

Pls help me out.

Thanks & Regards

Bapu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bapu,

As Mr. Praneeth said that ESIC is calculating based on the two block in the financial year(April to Sept and Oct to March) where ESI basis amount is equal to 15000.

Now for your case employee is resigning from the month of Oct 2014 so it's belonging from the second block and employee is withdrawn status for this month so for that reason it's not calculating ESI since his ESI basis is coming and less that 15k.

If client want's to do so then you will create deduction Custom Wage type for which will deduct EE portion and ER portion will calculate through pcr and pass the value to RT for posting.

Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sankarsan / Praneeth,

As per you said, I tried another client. One of the employee 12.10.2010 separation action run. when i run payroll for the month of October 2014. ESI is deducting on 12 Days.

Pls find the screen shot.

Separation Action.

IT 008 Screen shot

IT 0588. Subtype-0001-ESI

RT Table-

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for your current client for which ESI is not deducting then /3EA wage type value is coming?.

If it's coming then check the input and output details of INESI function and share the screenshot details.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

/3EA wage type value is comeing

INESI details

Input

IT

Out Put Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bapu,

Don't do the delimitation of IT 0588 and check once again payroll.

as you told for another employee it is working then this employee is not working, both are in same personnel area or both belongs to same state or different ? if different specify the states of the Employee's. i seen that for some time it will calculate on Gross of the month.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Both r in defferent client.  different personnel area. Sate is West Bengal for both.

In another client in IT0588 Sub type 1. did the delemit 22.10.2014.

Its working fine. ESI is deducted . But in this client its not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you cross check the PC 20 & 72 and CC 12 & 13 for the both clients.

problem is with the second block of ESI only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Praneeth i checked both client wage type /3E1 and Basic Pay wage type, PC20 & 72 and CC 12& 13 Same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

12 days salary is under ESI basis right.

ESI have 2 blocks in the year that is April to Sep and Oct to March. system is checking for the employee status for the 2 nd block and it is withdraw status for the Employee from 12.10.2014 on-wards. that's why system is not considering the ESI deduction.

former_member194940
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Bapu,

Please change the record of IT588 for ESI and update the end date as 31.10.2014 and the ESIC will be deducted.

Please check and let me know.

Thanks,

Bhabagrahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhabagrahi,

After changing the end date 31.10.2014. Its not deducting.

former_member194940
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Bapu,

Praneeth & Sankarsan has rightly pointed out why the amount is not getting deducted, It didn't click me at the first instance and if you still want to deduct it the you will have to go for custom process as suggested by Sankarshan or you can convince the client that it is not possible through standard process.

Regards,

Bhabagrahi