Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bgRFC configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a doubt with the bgRFC configuration.

First step, I create the supervisor destination. Second step, I want to create an Inbound destination. This link explain how to create an inbound destination:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/48/973e3755493987e10000000a421937/content.htm?frame...

It says: “you can maintain a separate inbound destination for each application.”

I see that in tx SBGRFCCONF I can create one or more Inbound destination and I can associate it with an RFC. But how can I reserve one of it for a specific application? How can the application choose one specific Inbound destination?

Thank you

Regards,

Mark

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

There is _no programmatic/automatic way_ to restrict one application to use a particular destination.

If you create a destination XYZ - any ABAP program can use that destination to create a bgRFC unit.

It is only a _logical_ separation that different application developers can agree on, when building the application.

If the destination is being used to create queue units and you know different queue names used by different applications, then you can configure queue name prefixes "per" application (no 2 applications can have the same queue name prefix).

For example, if the business objects BUSOBJ_A and BUSOBJ_B are 2 independent business objects and they can be treated as 2 independent applications - then you can create 2 inbound destinations - INBD_BUSOBJ_A and INBD_BUSOBJ_B.

And further, you can restrict INBD_BUSOBJ_A with queue prefix BUSOBJ_A_ for example (under SBGRFCCONF, "Define Inbound destination tab") and INBD_BUSOBJ_B with queue prefix BUSOBJ_B_.

Then the application developers can be asked to create queue names like BUSOBJ_A_QNAME1, BUSOBJ_A_QNAME2, BUSOBJ_B_QNAME1 and so on from their application code (when using CALL FUNCTION IN BACKGROUND UNIT statement).

Thank you,

Best Regards,

JothiSubaramaniam P

SAP IMS CST

0 Kudos

nice explanation…..