Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional module with SAP ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

My name is Danish Khan, I'm a computer science graduate. No prior experience. Right now I'm pursuing SAP ABAP certification, along with the certification the institute is offering me 2 more functional modules (not certification, a crash course type), wondering which functional module would be suitable that would go hand in hand with ABAP.

Could you'll please suggest me 2 functional modules that will help me co relate it with ABAP and also in future as I'm doing certification in SAP ABAP.

All opinions appreciated

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would say first learn ABAP properly then try to learn any functional module. Otherwise all will be messed up and nothing will workout. So Learn ABAP properly then you can correlate it with any functional module, most of functional modules required basic ABAP knowledge at least. 

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danish,

Now a days SAP HANA is in demand.

You can do the course from your institute, where you can learn HANA using ABAP.

Check whether this course is available in your institute from your instructor.

Regards,

Swati

0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Thank you for your opinion, ill definitely look into HANA but right now i just wanted to which functional module would go along with SAP ABAP. (SAP HR, FI, SD or MM)

0 Kudos

All the module mentioned above can be correlate with ABAP.  

0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Can you tell the best 2 out of those?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Best !!

You can decide best modules by picking chits only .. because all are best..

It is something like if you go to restaurant, people can't suggest us what we should to order, honestly, we should select what is suitable for our taste and body. This module selection is also same, But we can't pick anything to eat by name also. So i personally prefer to know what all ingredients it have and what is the recipe in short.

So same thing you have to do, please go through in details of few modules(MM, SD, FI, BW and can try for HANA also) and try to find what is all about and try to recognize your interest in that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danish,

If you love programming and want build your career as Developer.Then you have two options.

1. SAP HANA: Currently on demand as its fastest Database and also Cloud which is a future of technology. You can join SAP HANA Application developer Crash course so your role can be ABAP + HANA Developer.

2. SAPUI5: This technology is going to be future of web development for  SAP. If you know Java Query then learning this technology can add big money to your pocket. They are using Eclipse to development.

Best luck for your Career.

Thanks,

Sagar Kandalgaonkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would say first learn ABAP properly then try to learn any functional module. Otherwise all will be messed up and nothing will workout. So Learn ABAP properly then you can correlate it with any functional module, most of functional modules required basic ABAP knowledge at least. 

0 Kudos

Danish,

Chandra is spot on!

While learning ABAP, you want to learn TWO (not one but two) functional modules - are you JOKING?

tw

0 Kudos

Why do functional modules require basic ABAP knowledge?

most of functional modules required basic ABAP knowledge at least. 

tw

0 Kudos

Hello

My current team have close to 10+ basis person and as per my knowledge sometime they required to run some reports and schedule background jobs, template creation, checking log tables for all this they need basic T-codes, tables, reports knowledge. To be more specific it is like basis knowledge of SAP but if you are an abaper, working on those kind of task will become easy. 

narnei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danish Khan,

I am really confused how come institutes are offering two functioal modules along with ABAP TRAINING ??? its not that easy i beleive.

I think it might be planned just to give you a overview on SAP modules ( Both Functional & Technical) if iam not wrong.

Being a ABAPER Its good to know about the functional modules & its process, thats good idea and helps a lot in your roles.

But to learn any Functional module you may need to have at least some business knowledge in any process so that you can get into SAP Functional modules based on your domain knowledge.

That too learning functional two modules at a time, not that easy, you may need to think on this.

Just for your information most of the SAP projects will contain FI / MM / SD modules again its depends on based on the kind of business.

If you want to understand FICO module for sure you need to have some knowledge in accounts & basic concepts.

If you want to know the overview of the Functional modules & its scope :

May be you can think to know about MM- Material management ( Related with Purchasing / Inventory / logistics actvities ..etc) can refer below links to know the process atleast.

SD - Sales & Distibution.

help.sap.com

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/9c/df293581dc1f79e10000009b38f889/fram

For your information pls..

Regards,

N.S.Rao

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Danish,

I would suggest you to learn ABAP module in detail.

Once you are comfortable with ABAP then if you are interested in ECC system, go for MM or SD module.

In case of SCM system, go for DP or gATP module.

Regards,

Thanga