cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Valuation Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there.

Got a problem understanding why in the Stock Valuation Report I see listed Item with no quantity in stock. (See attachment).

Thank you any explanation

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may check with  this guide for FIFO calculation:

http://www.pioneerb1.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/How-to-Set-Up-and-Manage-a-Perpetual-Inventory-S...

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

THis report includes all item price changes. If you want to know quantity related info, run Stock Audit Report.

Thanks,

GOrdon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon, and thanx for your reply.

Actually for those item, there is no quantity associated, so that's why I was wondering why they are shown. Basically what you're telling me is that those item with no quantity are ther just because the price is changed....changed since when? Since last valuation report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may check OINM table/view to find them out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon, maybe I didn't explain myself properly.

Let's forget for a while SAP.

When you learn how the FIFO works or if you want to explain somebody how FIFO works with an Excel file, you show some item with quantiy and then all the transaction IN/OUT, at the end I guess you will show the quantity and price of just the remaining one, with quantity >0 and not all the item that had transaction and now got zero quantity, am I right?

So my basic question is why SAP, in the valuation reports shows as well all the item that got zero quantity. You told me because the price is changed since last time. Could be I don't know, for my point of view doesn't make sense and I don't have any added value with the fact that I can see that the price are change (I mean in this report). But if this is the official reason I'll accept it

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you checked OINM already, you will know why the report looks like that.

There is no option to forget about SAP here. This is an SAP report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Gordon I check the OINM as you see in the attachment, so what? Should I understand from a list of record why the Valuation report looks like that?

I was trying to abstract the concept of Valuation Report, I know perfectly by myself this is SAP report, and I'm not trying to change it, I'm just trying to figure it out why the report differ from what I learn about Valutation Report FIFO. Could be that they teach me wrong or I did'nt understand anything...

Anyway let's consider close this subject, the SAP report is like that. And when my maniging director is asking me why the report show all the item with quantity zero (that still doesn't make sense to me) I'll reply that SAP is like that, I'm sure he will be satisfied with my answer.