cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP B1 MRP - Sales/Production Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I want to start using the MRP module on B1 to help with planning. I have setup a forecast and created a scenario on the MRP wizard for a particular item and its component parts. I have included sales, purchase and production orders to be considered over a planning horizon of 6 months.

When I run the wizard I can see the components that I have added, the demand based on forecast and sales orders and also supply by way of production or purchasing.

This is my problem (taking 1 month (jan) as an example):

The demand shows the forecasted amount (3402) + current open sales orders (6). The problem with this is that the demand is showing 3408 units but this is incorrect as it should be the forecasted amount minus the sales orders (3396). Is there something that I am doing wrong or is this calculation (3408 units) correct i.e. the caluation is correct based on how SAP B1 interrupts these figures? In this instance there are only 6 items on sales orders but you will see below that this has a massive impact when the figures are higher.

Similarily when I look at the forecast (21780) for a particular component part and include a production run, it combines the 2 figures as demand when this is not the case (41280).

Is there a way around this? I have attached an image that may help explain visually what is happening.

Thanks

Cathal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this guide for detailed information:

http://www.pioneerb1.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/HowTo_MRP_88.pdf

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan

Thanks for coming back tome so quickly.

Everything that I have done is setup correctly based on this doc. Can you answer the questions I raised?

In the case of the production order above, the demand is saying that I am using 41,280 component parts even though I have only forecasted 21,780 for that month. If I was to use MRP it would suggest buying these component parts even though I have enough in stock to meet the forcasted demand. I need to show the forecast amount less what the production orders uses.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Cathal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan

Went through the document and found how to reduce the forecast amount by whatever amount is on the sales order ("Consume Forecast" field on the sales order).

Do you know if there is something similar for production orders?

THanks

Cathal

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer eact production cost as Production order-->Summary tab.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan

Its not the production cost that I'm trying to record. When I run MRP, it takes in to account the forecasted usage of a component but also adds the production order usage to demand. This means that MRP suggests ordering more stock than needed.

Is there something similar for Production Orders as there is for Sales Orders i.e. can production orders be set to "consume forecast" like sales orders? If not, do you know a way around this?

Thanks

Cathal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any question? If NO, please close this thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan

How do you close the thread?

Thanks

Cathal

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Cathal,

You can close your thread by marking the Helpful or correct answer from the thread.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathal,

MRP forecast may only take Sales as consumable. Production or purchasing is to be planed based on component item planning method. You may have different business process as others. Simple answer: it is not possible to let production order to consume the forecast.

Thanks,

Gordon