Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade the system from BO 3.1 SP3 to SP7 for IE11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

Greetings !!

We are planning to upgrade the Business Objects application system from SP3 FP3.6 to SP7 FP7.1 (Windows Server) so that we can access the

application from IE11 browser. Request you to please let me know the process steps to upgrade the system.

Can we directly go to SP7 version without un-installing the current SP and FP (SP3 and FP3.6). If yes please provide the information.

As I know we can jump to only 2 patches like from SP 3 to SP5.

Also, we are on IBM DB2, so which version will be Compatible?

Request you to please provide the information. Have a good day.

Thanks,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to install SP5 first and than SP7.

Check PAM for compatibility.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it will overwrite the things when we are uninstalling and installing the updated version right?

Thanks,

Srikanth

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Why you downgrade the Tomcat version?

If not working undeploy and deploy the war files manually as per deployment guide.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivasan,

There is no issues with tomcat 7. We have installed EIS on tomcat server and EIS won't support the tomcat 7 as per oracle site so we are planning to downgrade the tomcat to version 6 as EIS supporting the tomcat 6.

Please help me here to downgrade the tomcat.

Thanks,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have tried to download the Xcelsius SP7 setup files from SAP market place but i couldn't able to find the Xcelsius setup file, please let me know where can i get the file.

But I am able to see the Xcelsius FP 7.1 setup .exe file in SAP Market place.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Always create new forums links for different topics.

This helps other in need as well, to get to the thread.

The SP7 for xcelsius is available on the same page, where you searched for FP 7.1. Just Scroll down.

Regards,
Atul B

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

No need to un-install any exiting service pack.

You can update to SP5.  SP3 -> SP5  OK... SP3 -> SP6 NOT ok.

Then Update SP07

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000196552014E/xi31_sp7_install_en.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you All..

@Srinivasan : You mean, directly I can go ahead with SP5 without uninstalling the SP3 and FP 3.6.

If I go ahead with SP5, do I need to install the FP5.* or is it fine if I won't install the FP for 5th patch then directly SP7 and FP 7.1?

SP3 FP 3.6 (No need to uninstall) -> SP5 (question: do I need to install the FP for 5th?) -> SP7 and FP 7.1?

Please provide the above information..Thank you in advance.

Thanks,

Srikanth

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to install FP of SP, You can apply SP5 and SP7 and FP.

If you have space issue, you can uninstall FP of SP3 and install SP5, but not SP3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jawahar.

We do not have space issue in server level but if we go ahead with FP 7.1, it will overwrite the FP3.6 files right? and in our environment we have the integration kit so do I need to uninstall the Integration kit for SP3 and FP 3.6?

Thanks,

Srikanth

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes It will overwrite FP3.6 patch. What integration kit do you have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have installed ->  SAP Integration Kit 3.1 and SAP Integration Kit 3.1 SP3 and SAP Integration Kit 3.1 Fix Pack 3.6.

Also, in my environment we have installed the Crystal, LO and Xcelsius of SP3 and FP3.6.

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks,

Srikanth

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

New version of SAP intergration kit should be available. Please check PAM for compatible versions.

Yes, you need to upgrade all the client tools as well to match with Server version. Otherwise you will see issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In PAM I am not seeing the integration kit but i have seen integration kit for SP6 so it might be available in SAP Market place for SP7 too.

So if integration Kit available for SP7, do i need to un-install the existing version of integration kit?

Thanks,

Srikanth

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no need to uninstall if you don't have space issue. You can run SP7 installer on top of SP3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Jawahar for your prompt response.

My final qun's are -> 1) no need to un-install the Integration KIt when i do not have the space issue right for SP3 and FP 3.6 ? and 2 ) No need to install the SP5 integration kit right? and 3) directly I can go ahead with integration kit for SP7 and FP 7.1?

Thank you again.

Regards,

Srikanth

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your valuable suggestions. Good day.

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jawahar,

Can you please provide me the downgrade the tomcat version from 7 to 6.

I tried to get the OSS message on the same but no luck. Please provide me the OSS message and procedure.

Thanks,

Srikanth

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is not recommeded to downgrade Tomcat manually. You need to use the what BO installs.