Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to convert SRM BSP application SRMSUS into a WEBDYNPRO application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our project requirement is to convert SRM 7.2 BSP applications

1. SRMSUS and

2. SRMSUS_SELFREG

into WEBDYNPRO application.

I am not aware of BSP .

a. Could you please let me know the TIME it will take to complete this requirement. 

b. What should be the approach for this requirement.

c. Skill sets requierd for this requirement.

Thank you for you time and efforts,

Rajesh.

2 REPLIES 2

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a few questions right off....

1. why do you feel the need to convert STANDARD BSP applications to WDA?

2. what do you think you gain by porting to WDA from BSP?

3. if you are looking at WDA, have you also looked at using the FPM framework as well?

4. are you aware that SAP is moving away from WDA to some extent and more to SAPUI5 and have you considered that? (ie. by the time you built your WDA app, it might be "old" already and time to port again)

5. have you made sure SAP is not going to provide an updated SRM soon?

.....if you are unfamiliar with BSP, this is going to be tough. BSP is more akin to direct HTML + ABAP programming than WDA is. A lot of what you can do as far as format/layout/etc in BSP, is handled for you in WDA (or not available). There will be tradeoffs for each.

I hope will lend a "hand" on this post as prior to his life as a SAP rock star for all things ABAP and HANA (haha), he was VERY involved and well-versed in BSP. As he is also a SAP "insider", he can likely lead/point you in the right direction as well.

0 Kudos

I appreciate the call out, but I wouldn't really have anything to add that you've not already covered.  The one think I might point out is that WDA isn't necessarily being replaced totally by UI5 in the Suite.  For professional user transactional applications WDA+FPM will still highly be used. UI5 for the Suite is largely used for Fiori style applications. That said it really depends upon the application requirements if you should go WDA+FPM or UI5/Fiori.  There is no blanket right or wrong there.