cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I used sampling procedure in the inspection plan for some MICs, if I need to setup sampling procedure for every single characteristic?

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When I use sampling procedure to calculate the sample size,

e.g. inspection plan has 3 MICs,

First MIC used sampling procedure, size is 1 KG,

Second used sampling procedure, size is 5 KG,

Third does not use sampling procedure. And nowhere to setup the sample size for this MIC.

When I generate the Insp. Lot for 100 KG. The sample size is 100 KG. Not 5KG as expected.

If I also setup sampling procedure for third MIC, the calculation works fine.

When I used sampling procedure in the inspection plan for some MICs, if I need to setup sampling procedure for every single characteristic?

Thanks,

Stanley.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stanley,

In case of multiple characteristics in the inspection plan, the following cases are possible:

Case 1 : all characteristics are assigned to sampling procedure

The system will propose the higher sample size.

Case 2 : One of the characteristics is not assigned to sampling procedure

The system will check if a sampling procedure is defined in higher level (at Quality view in material master). If it found a sampling procedure at material master, system will use it to calculate the sample size and then proposes the higher sample size between characteristics.

Case 3: One of the characteristics is not assigned to sampling procedure and no sampling procedure is defined in material master

In this case, system will use 100% inspection for that characteristics which will get the sample size to the full lot size.

So my proposed solution is :

Either you define a default sampling procedure which will be used in case you don't want to assign a sampling procedure at characteristic level in inspection plan, or you define the sampling procedure as a mandatory input in the plan by setting corresponding flag in control indicators in the characteristic master data.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Ayoub.

0 Kudos

Hi Ayoub,

Thanks for your comments, for case 2. It seems the material master QM view sampling procedure only support 510 type (Without Validation) , and it has conflict with task list. (if we use 510 type sampling procedure in material master, we cannot setup “Insp. with task list” for this insp. type anymore). That means if we set up 510 type sampling procedure in material level, the inspection does not have insp. plan.

And in SAP help document, it says For the characteristics without sampling procedures, the sample size is based on the unit of measurement defined in the material master (1 kilogram in this example). 

I don’t know where to setup this sample size for this kind of MIC.

So I guess, I have to setup sampling procedure for every single characteristic even though I just used sampling procedure for only one MIC.

Answers (0)