Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI SSO with MSADS

former_member183953
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have ECC 6.0 on NW 7.31 on Linux platform. End-users use Windows 7 and SAP Gui to login to ECC. At present users log-into their desktops and then again login to SAP though GUI using there respective passwords.

I am looking for some solution to configure SSO on SAP Gui with MSADS. So that once the user logs on the desktop, he does not have to re-authenticate on sap gui to connect ECC. I want some solution where we don't have to install any tool/library on user desktop and there is minimum foot prints on user machines.

I heard that NW 7.31 SP-15, SAP Gui can have SSO with MSADS using SPNEGO etc.

Please suggest some solution.

Thanks

Vik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183953
Participant
0 Kudos

One more thing, our backend SAP applications are running on Linux platform. So would the following solutions work for Linux also or they work only on Windows Servers?:

Single Sign-On with X.509 Certificates

Single Sign-On with Kerberos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Single Sign-On with Kerberos and/or X.509 Certificates solutions will also work on Unix/Linux backend platforms.

On client side are Windows and Mac OS X supported.

best regards

Alexander Gimbel

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vik,

we have a lot of content available at http://scn.sap.com/community/sso , including overview documents and videos. Looking at your request SPNEGO- / Kerberos-based SSO for Internet Explorer would be an option, or the Secure Login Web Client for SAP GUI for Windows.

Best regards,

Christian

former_member183953
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I attended 2014 Teched and in one of the sessions it was said that, SPNEGO would work for SAP GuI starting patch 15. Is that true, Please confirm.

Thanks

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't want to install anything on users workstations, you can use web browser and logon to Web GUI or NWBC instead of using SAP GUI for Windows.

Normally SSO for SAP GUI for Windows is implemented using SNC libraries, where a library needs to be installed on both the workstation and the servers where ABAP application servers are running. For Web GUI and NWBC there is no need to install anything on workstations since you can setup SSO with just server side changes.

Thanks

Tim