cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Manager 2.5 Accounts of Type Organization (2) not displaying Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are currently testing the Sales Manager 2.5 solution. After succeding on configurartion of the connectivity with the Sales Manager Server (Agentry 6.0.42) and the SAP CRM, we proceded with the configuration of many Standard Objects (DO) data filters, on the Configuration Panel. Finally we had the Sales Manager 2.5.6 client synchronizing correctly. Now we found new challenges: The one that we want to discuss is:

The accounts are getting displayed correctly except for one small, but Important, detail: The account "Name". We notice that the Accounts (Business Partner) of type Organization (2) are not displaying correctly their name, but the Accounts of type Person (1) are doing so... searching and testing we notice the following:

• The name field for Organizations is different form the Person name field, but both are supported on the Resultset of the standard objects and Complex tables of the Mobile Objects

• The data is getting successfully transmitted from the CRM to the SM 2.5 client

• The names are not visible on the view of the account, but they are in the app, and visible on the Edition mode and can be used for the search of the account.

• The names are visible on view and edition mode for the Accounts of type Person (1).

We are pretty sure that something is missing on the configuration for View Mode, where the Name field needs to be setup to look for the Accounts (BP) of any type and not Only Person. We already search without success the configurations on the:

1. Parameters

2. Globals

3. Mobile Objects Filters

4. Agentry.ini

5. We have some doubt about the Globals.ini file

Any idea or suggestion will be very appreciated!!.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey http://scn.sap.com/people/stephen.streeter

Can you take a look at this Discussion?

Cheers, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo, I´m having the same issue, do you have an SAP response and solution ? thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Isaac,

Well... it is a long story, but at the end, the support team replied, that their test with the app was working fine... I say that they were testing with other version of the app... Anyway, I found a workaround for the issue, and I have few other ideas... But first a little context on the problem:

Note: The following assumes that you have access to the Agentry Server and Agentry Editor.

From what I learned; the source of the problem resides on the fact that the global variable for "Organizations" (I'm talking about the one that is been used on the agentry project, viewable from the agentry editor) is hardcoded for the english word (Organization) and it doesn't takes at the value defined on the Globals.ini file for the Business Partner (BP) of type 2 (Organization). So that is why the problem persist even if you change the name to "Orgaización" (in the case of spanish) on the mentioned file.

The importance of previous falls in the fact that internally the name is validated by a rule when you access the view screen (There is no validation rule on the edition screen). This rule checks if the BP is of type "Organization" then it takes the value of the internal variable "Name"; if not, then the rule assumes that is of type 1 or "Person" and it concatenates the values of the variables "Firstname" and the "Lastname".

Due the "Type" of the Organization BP's comes from CRM with the definition of the original language (in the case of spanish: "Organización"), the match fails and the "Organization" is treated as "Person" concatenating the variables "firstname" and "lastname", which don't have data. In the case of the "Persons" this is the expected behaviour and their variables has the appropiate information (The main symptom of the problem).

1. Solution 1 (tested): Modify the rule to concatenate Firstname, Lastname and Name variables, the BPs will bring the appropiate values according to their type, so if an Organization will have data only in the Name variable and Persons will have data only on Firstname and Lastname variables.
  2. Solution 2 (idea): Change the value of gobal variable for type organization from "Organization" to "Organización", and adjust the same on the Globals.ini file.
  3. Solution 3 (idea): Modify the rule for the BPs of type organization to make the match vs the value 2 instead of the "Organization".

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other question about the matter, or you need more specific information (I'll need few time to gather specifics)

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo, thanks a lot for your full response, I thought that maybe an OSS ticket will handle the issue because we´re not using the editor at all, the application is 100% standard, but come on... is SAP, but well, according to your response maybe it´s time to get my hands dirty, I´m downloading the Agentry plugin and try to implement your tested scenario.

Thanks !!

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remember if you are doing localizations in Sales Manager, it is assumed you setup the correct language files for the configuration.

From the suggestion above:

1. Solution 2 (idea): Change the value of gobal variable for type organization from "Organization" to "Organización", and adjust the same on the Globals.ini file.

The out of the box Sales Manager supports 16 languages. Each of those languages will come with their corresponding Global.X.ini where X is the language. In theory the Globals.X.ini are the Editors Globals variables.

So in short, you really just need to setup your language support in the agentry.ini or Cockpit to tell where to find the localization files.

Some references:

Normally from the Service Marketplace you can download all the localization files in a package. It should be based on what language you want to support.

By changing the globals in the editor, you are stating that you want to change the default globals to support your language.

My main assumption is that SAP already did this for you under the localization package and all the globals are maintained in their respective globals.X.ini.

Hope this helps.

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer (Mobility)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Issac,

I understand and believe me, I already walk through the same path. Please update if you find any relevant information for this matter. Due I'm currently working in something else I don't have immediate access to the tool, but if required I can get the screenshots and the names of the definitions that I'm talking about.

Also I understand that you are for the moment doing the standard configuration (Config Panel I assume), but let me recommend you to give a quick look at the Agentry Editor is very inlighthing about how the application works.

Mark,

As usual you always provide good information and insights, just let me say, in fact the application is ready to support multiple languages, but at least for the version 2.5.6 this particular detail was what I found, and the solution 2, was something that I tested multiple times unsuccessfully. Now with the 2.5.7 version I hope this gets fixed and it works by just doing the configurations suggested by the mentioned solution.

Best luck and my regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adolfo, thanks for your help, I think I will keep this problem open in development environment until I have time to review it again, let me say to you that I already test the application in a production environment and it handles the names correctly, same ipad, same language (ES) in the device and in JavaBE.ini, nothing as I know has changed, so I will take a look at the versions, this is weird.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Issac. It can be something to due with the differences that the Development and Production enviroment installation. I hope that if you find anything else, you can let us know.

My best Regards!

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gomez,

This may need to be looked at the way the Sales Manager 2.5 defined the Edit Screen versus the View Screen.

To do this you need to open the Agentry editor. Look at how the field is defined in the Edit screen and how it gets populated.  Now compare this to the View screen.

There are naming convention on how the screen is used in the editor. It will have "View" or "Edit" in the name that is tied to that screen.

To resolve this, you need to investigate the Agentry editor definition of this application.

You may try to see if you can reuse the properties used or field properties used in the edit screen versus the view screen.  If it is the same then look at what is different between them.  Like is one read only versus the other one (if there is something wrong hopefully you can see it in the editor).

But if you have problems with the actual client (mobile software), you need to check the version of the Agentry client to make sure you have a release that does not have issues on focus or list screen issues. Double check the release notes on SMP 2.3 6.1.4 or 6.1.5 that your version does not have any bugs on the list

That is what I can suggest.

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your reply. In fact while trying some of your ideas, I came across with the possible reason of the issue... It could be related with the translation. I came to this conclusion, becauas when I changed the language of my testing device to English and then peform the first transmit, the accounts names got correctly displayed.

Then problem is only when the device is in Spanish (or I assume some other language) and the first transmit is performed. I tried a workaround by changing the language from Spanish to English, then perform the transmit and finally revert back to Spanish, but a new problem came... basically all the catalogs (for fields of multiple options) came incomplete, incorrect or in English; probably because the CRM has been configured for Spanish users and no translation or configuration has been made for English.

My guess is that something is missing or needs to be corrected on the "ApplicationText.ini" or "ClientText.ini" files. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gomez,

This sounds like a limitation on the localization support for this application. I will suggest you to create a SAP support ticket: Component: MOB-SYC-SAP. Please specify all your issue and findings (logs in English, logs in Spanish) and any reproduction steps (Word with pictures). This needs to be routed to the Sales Manager team. Please open connection as well.

Best Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Yeap, I think the same; In fact I already submitted the support ticket, I will post the end result.

My best Regards!