cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basics: Appropriation Requests and WBS elements (3/3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Last question I promise!

1) Is it possible for more than one appropriation request to point at the same existing project without creating new different project.

As a solution, I though to create empty projects from AR in order to use the values of the program position they are linked to. Is this correct or are there other solutions?

With regards to the link reported below, am I right in assuming that not even the top WBS element (namely InfoSys, refer to graph in link) can be related to a program position in order to exploit the function.. or is it that only the WBS elements directly above and below it (refer to WBS:"software", in the graph) in the hierarchy should not be assigned to a program position to use the function.

Investment Management (IM) - SAP Library

This question refers to <<SAP IM ECC 6.0 SP 16>>

Grazie!

Jessica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jessica,

I think you can create more than one appropriation request for the same project and can assign different WBS elements from the project definitions to different appropriation requests.

Secondly,  WBS element can be assigned to a specific program position provide WBS elements directly above and below this WBS element in Project hierarchy are not assigned to a program position

Regards

Tushar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ciao Jess,

You can play around with ARs having multiple Planning Variants, basically within same AR it is possible to have several sets of figures.  Once one is Approved others are Rejected, but the status is reversible and therefore you can try to adapt this functionality through the process design.

Similar situation goes for ARs themself, you can have alternative ARs that form a group of ARs and pointing to the same WBS (level 1).  Once one AR is Approved all alternatives are automatically Rejected.

I'd suggest you building a prototype for test purpose, because you should not assume that all replies you get here are necessarily true.

BR,

Paulo

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"I'd suggest you building a prototype for test purpose, because you should not assume that all replies you get here are necessarily true."

+1

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

Can you point different AR to same project If its the same WBS answer is NO. if these are two separate WBS within the project Yes you can.

so assume you have two Level 1 WBS A and B within project XYZ. Then A can point to AR 1 and B can point to AR2.

But WBS A cannot point to AR1 and AR2.  Hope it clears your doubt on 1st Question.

Why you want to do that? Whats the business rationale behind it? Usually AR is used to approve a business investment plan and it will be associated with that particular project. So the best practice in SAP is to have a one to one relationship between AR and SAP Investment Project. 

On your understanding of the Graph. You are 100% correct. Neither Inf. Sys  nor Software can be assigned to a Program Position ID as the WBS Application is already assigned to a Program position ID.

Hope it helps..

Regards

Sammar