Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Balances Carry Forward

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to test the Vendor balances Carry Forward Scenario but the results i am having are little confusing. i have a vendor "ABC" and in its account we can see the following transactions:

Invoice     01.05.2013     10,000    

Now at this time if i view vendor balance report "FK10N" Or "S_ALR_87012082" for 2014 it shows me above transaction which is fine. and if i execute the same report for 2015 System gives a message no data for 2015. which is also correct. now when i post a transaction on 30.06.2014 for 9,000. the system starts showing me balance for 2015 as 19,000 in above reports. please note that at this time i haven't executed any balance carry forward from f.07. but still i get balances for 2015. why is this behavior? the system should not show me any carry forward balances. if i post a transaction on 30.06.2014 it starts showing me data. what is the purpose of balance carry forward then? this is really messing my brain please help me here.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

This program works similar to balance carry forward program of GL accounts.

System always carries forward the postings to subsequent year irrespective of running the carry forward program.  But this carry forward will not happen accumulatively.

Taking your example, you are in the year of 2014.  So, you might have already executed carry forward program at the beginning of 2014.  So, whatever balance was available for the vendor (ie, 10,000) was moved to 2014.  But it will not move to 2015.  Yes, if you see the balance for 2015, it is nil.

Now if you post a document in 2014, system will automatically carry forward the balance to 2015.  Hence you are able to see 19,000 for 2015 even though you didn't do the carry forward.  But if you see the balance for 2016, it should be nil.  Because automatic accumulative carry forward will not happen.

Coming to your query of necessity of running this program - if you don't run the program, then you can't clear those open items even though carry forward balance would be available in the new year.

Sridhar

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case you are using version ECC 5.00 or 6.00 or above SAP by default shows these balance. This will happen only n case you have carried out the carry forward activity for that particular vendor. In case you have not carried out the carry forward activity it would have not shown 19000.

In case you are doing carry forward activity for one vendor and do a test case wherein don't do carry forward activity for the vendor and other things same as vendor ABC

Hope,  your query has been answered else revert.

Regards,

Tejas