cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FC valuation issue transaciton require in balace sheet main gl account instead of adjustment account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expers,

we have given all balance sheet GL account under transaction KDF in OBA1 and enter the  P & LGL accounsts in the valuation gaiin/loss and  one balace sheet accoutn in balace sheet adjustment account  for foreign currency transactions.

when I execute the transaction code FAGL_FC_VAL, transactions happen in balance sheet adjustment account and val.gain/loss account.

my client requement is . they want to see the values in gain/loass account and balance sheet gl account instead of adjustment account.

please help me if it is possible.

Regards,

Guna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guna,

You mean you want same GL which has original posting. This will not be possible for reconciliation accounts. Because it cannot directly posted. It is possible only GL accounts which are not created as reconciliation accounts. However, the adjustment account also balance sheet account.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar/Mukthar,

you both know, if you give same balance sheet account in bal. adj. account, we can not post into same GL account as it is selected as open item management and even it is not reconciliation account.

May I know If I remove the GL account account in bal.adj account,what GL is coming into the entry.

And why sap has given balance sheet adjustment account when we assign valuation area to chart of account in OBA1.

Regards,

Guna

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guna,

Bal.adjustment account is off setting entry for exchange rate gain/loss. If you have not provide the GL in configuration, then system will throw error message.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guna,

If you don't give any account in that field, it will still be posted to the same account.  I suggest you to test with these different permutations and combinations in your test system so that you will be able to gauge the difference.

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I have tested the t.code  FAGL_FC_ VAL with out balance sheet account adjustment account assignment for one GL account but we got an error message " incorrect account determination: company code, valuation area, GL account"

Please advise on this to resolve

Regards,

Guna

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check configuration in following

1. OB09

2. OBA1

3. IMG --> Financial Accounting (New) --> Financial Accounting Global Settings (New) --> General Ledger Accounting (New) --> Valuate

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

I have checked the data in both t.codes OB09 & OBA1,

we have assigned the GL account main 16524520,gain/loss 78956200, balance sheet adjustment account is 17562030 in OBA1 and assigned reconciliation accounts only in OB09.

Here I am able to post the curreny diff. amount in B&S adjustment account 17562030 & gain account 78956200 but my client requirement is he want to see the transactions  the GL valuation account(main account) 16524520 & 78956200.

finally, client wants to see the transactions in main account instead of B/S adjustment account.

Pleas help me on this and what configuration I have to do.

Regards,

Guna.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guna,

Try to convenience you client as balance sheet adjustment is temporary account and it posts at month end/year end at FC valuation and same got reversed on next date.  However, you can keep original GL account & this account in one group in FSV.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

My client is not happy with this balance sheet adjustment requirement. they want to post into main GL account only not into adjustment account.

is it possible to post into main account even we select open item mgmt?

Regards,

Guna

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guna,

The balance sheet adjustment account should not have open item management check box. If your main GL does not maintain open item management check box, then you can use it.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

if we haven not select the open item mgmt for GL account, I can use it but the foreign currency revaluation program does not valuate the foreign currency documents, if we do not select the OI mgmt check box in  main account.

is it possible to use main account with OI mgmt to post the diff. amount in EC6.0 or not.

Regards,

Guna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Sorry we can post the for. cur. revaluation docs in main account. if we have not select OI items in main account.

Is it possible to use main account with OI mgmt to post the diff. amount in EC6.0 or not.

Regards,

Guna

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guna,

It is not possible to use OI management account as adjustment account. So you have to go with another account.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

I am not talking about main account(valuation account) not adjustment account.

I hope, we can post in OI GL account in 4.7 but ECC6.0 is not allowing to post the for.cur. diff. amount.

may I know why SAP has restricted the OI GL accounts to post the  the for. cur. diff. amount in SAP?

is it bug from sap or is there any other benefits to not allow the posting in OI GL account?

Regards

Guna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

I am talking about main account(valuation account) not adjustment account.

I hope, we can post in OI GL account in 4.7 but ECC6.0 is not allowing to post the for.cur. diff. amount in main account with OI mgmt.

may I know why SAP has restricted the OI GL accounts to post the  the for. cur. diff. amount in SAP?

is it bug from sap or is there any other benefits to not allow the posting in OI GL account?

Regards

Guna

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guna,

Yes, it is a BUG in SAP. The system will valuate the GLs which are maintained as open item management. If the GL has not maintained as OIM, then should not post valuation difference.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

If we have not selected the main GL account as OI mgmt, we are able to post the diff amount into the main account through the foreign currency program.

Regards,'

Guna

former_member190652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guna,

Don't enter any other account than the account being valuated in the field "Bal.sheet adj.1".  Otherwise you can enter the same account in this field as the balance sheet account you are valuating.  Then same account will get updated as per your scenario.

Sridhar

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please elaborate further.

Regards,

Tejas