Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PB 12.5 problems with MS Sql Native Client and windows 8

lemuelbacli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I've been wondering if there are some of you that had encountered problems in PB 12.5 apps with MS Sql Native Client. There are instances that the applications that i have deployed encountered problems likes "Transaction Not Connected", application hang while fetching data from database and failure to connect to database while, these problems are not present when the application was deployed using 7.0 version and does not require a MS Sql Native client. Is there any work around on this? what seems to be the problem, the PB app or the MS Sql Client?

another one is that i have a PB app that is running on windows 8 and windows 7. for past few months all of them are running smoothly just with some flaws as written above, the other problem that the app encountered is that when a datepicker was clicked the app stop responding and the client either crashes or forced stop. is pb 12.5 has compatibility issue with windows 8 even on the past few months it is running smoothly?

thanks for those who will answer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of SQL Native Client do you use?

PB 12.5 (12.5.1/12.5.2) only supports 2005 or 2008.

You need PB 12.6 to support 2012.

I use PB 12.5.2 with SQL Native Client 2008 (SQLNCLI10) and I have no problems on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1.

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same here - no problems using PB classic.