Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extraction of 100% of data from ByD

nathlamperin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

due to "technical problems" we will probably have to create a brand new system. We would like to get all our data (basic and transactional) out of from the current tenant to upload them again in a brand new one.

Any advise how to perform this efficiently ?

Best regards

Nathalie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathalie,

In case of 100% data you can simply request a copy of you current system but I don`t think you are looking for that?

In your case I would reccomend to open an incident and ask for the option to export data via migration templates.

SAP can activate this option in backend, you will then have a new button business configuration to extract data with the available migration templates.

After that you should request a new system with existing configuration in Service Control Center. You can then import the extracted data from old system.

Best Regards

Andreas

nathlamperin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas, thanks for your answer.

Do you think we could extract all historical transaction datas this way ?

Best regards

Nathalie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathalie,

on which way? You can`t do it with extraction via migration templates. In this case you only extract master data.

I think it would be helpful if you explain the concrete use case. Why you want to create a new system? When you want to extract 100% of data, why you can`t copy the system?

Best Regards,

Andreas

nathlamperin
Explorer
0 Kudos

OK, that's what I understood from what I read on business center and other help support.

The concrete use case is that I have an org structure which is completely blocked, I cannot make it evolve anymore without having coherence errors appearing. I had numerous exchanges with SAP experts in India and they concluded that the only way to solve the problem was to build a brand new org structure whether in the same tenant, whether in a brand new tenant.

The problem is that my customer does not want to loose its history for almost 2 years now. So we explore the idea of getting back all data from current tenant and upload them in a new tenant.

This is the reason of my question

Nathalie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Nathalie,

assumed that the historical data is being exported (via reports and/or via SAP, presumably a combination of both finally).

What is the customer expectation of what happens with this history in the new system?

- Accounting data (the accounting migration is a key date migration of G/L balances plus open items as per that key date)

- What about other objects? (Sales Orders, Contracts,...)  (Migraiton of these objects expects open objects only. What will happen with fully processed Sales Orders e.g.?)

Regards

Michael

0 Kudos

Dear Nathalie,

actually I would like to understand the reimplementation decision from a holistic point of view, and would have already some additional questions that I would like to ask. I think a direct conversation over phone or online meeting would address this topic in a more effective way (and we can of course bring the result back to this SCN stream).

Would you mind getting in contact with me via email michael.roth@sap.com or phone +49 170 8555 321 or SCN?

Looking forward to talking to you

Michael

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nathalie,

SAP can help you in extracting the data from your system. However this extraction is performed by SAP  is only for Master Data and that the Transnational data needs to be extracted by the yourself using the reporting functionality.

You could create the incident for this query or contact servicecenter@sap.com for the detailed information.

Services provided from Service Center might be Paid service but it will be decided by Service Center team.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Harshal

nathlamperin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Harshal.

Regarding transactions data, there are data not available through reporting. What can we propose to get these data not accesible through reporting tool ?

Best regards

Nathalie

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nathalie,

"Regarding transactions data, there are data not available through reporting."

Is this for some specific reports or for any reports which you are using to extract the data?

Could you please provide details on this? Like example report, and what are the transactions which are not available?

Ideally, It should be available in the reports.

In general -->

=========================

Selected Financial data can be downloaded into an auditor friendly format.

-Go to General ledger

-Under the periodic task select Extraction run for financial.

Other transnational data :

-Go to Work center

-Select reports

-Select the appropriate reports

-Download the report in excel format.

=========================

Also I found some additional information regarding the master data request process.

You should open the incident / Create the request from the system with the subject : "Data return : forward to Migration team".

In the incident/request, Mention following details :

- Which master data Objects (Customer, Supplier, Material, Service product and etc.) you need data extraction

- To whom these files should be Delivered: Name, Address, Email

- Do you still have an active contract with SAP or is it being terminated

Support Colleagues will forward your request to Service center team. So either you can raise an incident to support or forward the request directly to Service center.

Regards,

Harshal Vakil