cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Reset via API

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a prospect who would like to reset passwords through the API detailed  in the following URL:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_byd1408/en/PUBLISHING/IntegrationServices.html

Best as I can a method providing this capability does not currently exist. Can you confirm or dis-confirm my findings? If it is indeed possible to reset user passwords via this API please point me in the right direction.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Can you give some more information on the use case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Certainly, the company I work for (Tools4ever) is an SAP partner who specializes in the development of Identity Management, Password Management, and Single Sign-On Solutions. We are working with a current SAP InDesign customer who has been evaluating our self-service password reset solution, SSRPM. The SSRPM product allows end users to regain access to their Active Directory account by initiating a reset process right from the Windows logon screen or through a web interface. Once the AD password has been reset successfully they’d like to set the SAP InDesign password to the same value. This is something that we already do with many other systems, e.g. we have connectors for things like ZenDesk, Office 365, and Lotus Notes which provide this capability. The approach we normally use to accomplish this type of integration is by using an API or web service. We’d like to provide the same solution for SAP InDesign but based on the API documentation I've reviewed thus far it doesn't appear to be possible. Is the end result we’re looking to provide feasible? If so, can you point me in the right direction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael:

I responded with the detail you requested on November 24th. When do you think I might receive a response in full?