Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we overwrite SU numbers during confirmation of TOs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please find below for my requirement

A TO is created from source to destination, where Destination is SU managed. But during the time of creation of this TO, The actual SU number is not determined and so a random SU number is assigned while creation of TO.

Is there a way that this SU number can be replaced with actual SU during the TO confirmation by the picker through his RF device? Please advice

FYI: The client do not want to use bulk storage for this because that requires lot of maintenance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

For the knowledge of everyone who is going to come here for the solution.

Our Business requirement was to setup a 5 day tolerance on GR date i.e instead of oldest stock picker can pick any SU which is no more than 5 days newer than that.

We implemented in our project successfully.

We can achieve this by two steps:

1. Delete/Cancel specific Storage Unit from the Transfer Order : LT16 (can be enhanced in RF - LM07)

2. Create a new Transfer order for delivery using LT03...manually can pick the Storage Unit you want and confirm. (New RF transaction can be built showing the SU's to be scanned)

Delivery will have two TOs .

Thanks and Regards,

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manish,

This allows me to input SU only while creating TO, But I am looking for changing SU number while confirming the TO. Please advise.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my understanding there is no standard functionality available which allows you to change the SU number at the time of Confirming the Transfer order, if user scans the Storage Unit number ----SU1 from source bin then he is supposed to confirm SU1 in destination too.

As per standard Warehouse operating procedure, Better approach is to capture the External SU number at the source (TO creation stage) and confirm the same at destination.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the destination is SU managed then at the time of TO creation system will automatically create the SU number as that is mandatory. Please elaborate " The actual SU number is not determined and so a random SU number is assigned while creation of TO."  so that we can get an idea and suggest the right solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manish,

So what I meant was,  the picker usually have a set of SU labels in hand and whenever he creates a SU physically on floor he slaps it to the palllet , where as the client do not want  to enforce the picker to use the same SU that is generated on the TO.

Hope I clarified your question. Let me know if you need more details. Thanks in advance

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the SU assignment type in your configuration, with assignment type 5 you can achieve the requirement

LE---WM------Storage unit-----Define Number range ---Storage unit number range