cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM with different percentage for same components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client requirement is that they have two chemicals say AXXXX and BXXXX which are taken from different suppliers in different percentage.

for ex: AXXXX from supplier1 with 30%,supplier 2 - 50%,supplier3- 40%,supplier4-35%,supplier5-60%

BXXXX from supplierx with 70%,supplier y -45%,supplier z-50% and so on.

These two chemicals are in a BOM  which are consumed against the production order.

These two chemicals are part of a BOM.In production these two chemicals are consumed with 100% concentration .

But the percentage may vary for ex AXXXX if 70%,BXXXX will be 30% and if AXXXX is 50% and BXXXX is 50%.

How to do this if the percentages vary?

Can you experts please let me know how to resolve this ?

Regards,

Kapil Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Are you using PP or PP-PI?

If yes, You can use material quantity calculation for Component B for example 100 - Qty of Component A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tell me one thing can I use PP for some materials and PPPI for this particular scenario.It means I need to define extra masters like recipes and resources and what will be the change in customization(SPRO).I think I need to do all the settings in PPPI in SPRO for this ordertype and other master data

Re,

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

Can I manage the MQC without reference to the batch characteristic.I am sorry ,I think you misunderstood the percentage for qty.Quantity remains same with percentage variance of the raw material.Basically its the concentration of raw material.

Regards,

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Yes you can reference your calculation to other materials quantity & batch characteristric is not mandatory.

For example Material A Req qty 50 KG & Material B Req qty = 100 KG - Material A.

In this case if you change qty of material A then the quantity of Material B will be changed by system.

Regards,

Navin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member750563
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wheather the material is batch managed?

If yes, allocate a unique batch code as per supplier.

At the time of consumption select the batches as per %.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Batch is managed but nomenclature is defined at high level for raw materials and nomenclature I cannot change.I can only think of capturing at characteristic level and do some batch determination during goods issue based on charcteristic.I am not sure how it will work in that case.If anybody thinks its possible,pls let me know

Re,

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Please let me know if this Component concentration vary frequently.

If Yes, It is not advisable to create an alternate BOM as it will be of no use. You cannot use fixed Indicator also as the quantity is varying.

Its better you change the BOM Component quantity during Order Release.

Goto Materials Tab after scheduling the order & change the component Quantity manually.

Regards

Pratik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratik,

I am thinking this as last option to change BOM before order release.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kapil,

If you have varying concentrations you cannot have a fixed BOM as each time you produce FG, you will always have a varying components concentrations for A & B.

I dont think you have any other option apart from changing Material Quantity during order release.

Regards

Pratik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

As materials having different concentration and you are keeping them in different storage. You should create separate material codes as per concentration like AXX30, AXX40, AXX70, BXX50  etc.

And define the ratio in bom component as per possible combination in alternate boms.

Regards,

Krishna kant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear KK,

We cannot make new codes for all different percentages because end concentration is the same.And the concentrated product is semi finished bulk which will be used in different header codes.Increase the code will increase big complexities as AXXXX and BXXXX varies from 1% to 100%

Regards,

Pramod