Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effectivity in Simulation- SAP PLM 7.02

former_member223190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can any body please let me know how ' date effectivity' and 'parameter effectivity' is used in simulation .

Thanks & Regards

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as just disclosed in your other message - you can use these to drive the explosion of the product structure, taking into account only specific "versions"/change states of the elements of the product structure.

That is why you also have the "Dates" parameters in the simulation, and a "Number of change states" there, e.g. if you look at a period of 1 year and there have been 15 historic changes to one element,  you might want to only see the last 5 change states.

Regards, Ulf.

former_member223190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ulf

I would like to take the your reply which you have given in other message here.

Hope that's ok.

Case : 1  Date effectivity :

When I am using this, I will define the Vaild from date  to Valid to date. Also I will mention the No change state.  Example: if I say 21.11.2014 to 28.11.2014 with number of change status as 5

then only Product structure with change number will be  exploded taking into consideration the above

validity period and changes status defined. If there 15 changes that have happened during this period, only last 5 numbers ( From 28.11.2014 to 21.11.2014) will be considered . Here we would be reffering to all the elements which are assigned change number.

Hope my understanding is correct of this.

Case : 2 Parameter effectivity:

I have not understood this . When this option is choosed, I need to make following enteries.

Class, Class type, Date, Material, Plant, Serial number.

What is logic to populate the above enteries and how this is going to help the expolsion.

Case :3   Can Variant Configauration be used along with both  effectivites mentioned above.

Thanks & Regards

Satish

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

date and parameter effectivity of course can be used in conjunction with Variant Configuration. Typically specific options are getting valid or obsolete at certain dates, or for certain serial numbers of an end product, e.g. a commercial plane like a Airbus 380.

To get more insights on parameter effectivity,I would recommend you take a look at the related documentation in Engineering Change Management:

Working with Parameter Effectivity - SAP Library

With regards to date ranges, yes, the system will pick up data that is valid within the date range.

former_member223190
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ulf for all the prompt replies you have.

It was really useful and have clarifed my query.

Cheers

Satish

Answers (0)