cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report doesn't run through BO launch pad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created couple of analysis for office report and these reports work fine when I run it through desktop client.

However when I saved these report to portal and trying to run through  the launch pad. It downloads a file with extension SAPAOX and the file loads in excel and it loads the analyser as well but no data gets loaded and all sheets are blank.

I get below message in the background.

I am on Analysis 1..4 SP9 and windows 7, 32 bit. MS office 2007.

Thanks.

here is the log file content.

- Error:General .NET Exception:

The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)

at Microsoft.Office.Core.COMAddIn.set_Connect(Boolean RetValue)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.addins.officewrap.COMAddinWrap.set_Connect(Boolean value)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.EnsureAddinConnect(ICrCOMAddIn lAddin)

| 2014-10-29T17:38:47| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.EnsureAddinConnect() ()

The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.addins.officewrap.COMAddinWrap.set_Connect(Boolean value)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.EnsureAddinConnect(ICrCOMAddIn lAddin)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.StartApplication(CrOfficeGetterHelper iOfficeGetterHelper)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.addins.launcher.Launcher.Main(String[] args)

| 2014-10-29T17:38:48| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.addins.launcher.Launcher.Main() ()

Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))

| 2014-11-05T17:00:35| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.EnsureAddinConnect() ()

| 2014-11-06T12:33:24| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.EnsureAddinConnect() ()

| 2014-11-06T16:05:11| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.EnsureAddinConnect() ()

| 2014-11-06T18:09:15| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.EnsureAddinConnect() ()

| 2014-11-06T18:18:32| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.EnsureAddinConnect() ()

Process has exited, so the requested information is not available.

at System.Diagnostics.Process.EnsureState(State state)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_MainWindowHandle()

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrOfficeGetterHelper.GetApplication(Process iProcess)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncherUtils.TryFindApplication(Process iProcess, CrOfficeGetterHelper

iGetAppl)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncherUtils.GetExcelApplication(CrOfficeGetterHelper

iOfficeGetterHelper, Process iExcelProcess, Int32 iMaxCount)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncherUtils.StartNewExcelApplication(CrOfficeGetterHelper

iOfficeGetterHelper, Boolean& iTryToUseRunningProcess, Boolean iCreateNewProcess)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.StartNewOfficeApplication(CrOfficeGetterHelper

iOfficeGetterHelper)

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.StartApplication(CrOfficeGetterHelper iOfficeGetterHelper)

| 2014-11-19T12:12:25| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.addins.launcher.Launcher.Main() ()

Could not start (or attach to) Excel Application

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.StartNewOfficeApplication(CrOfficeGetterHelper

iOfficeGetterHelper)

| 2014-11-19T13:12:47| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.addins.launcher.Launcher.Main() ()

| 2014-11-19T17:08:04| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.EnsureAddinConnect() ()

Could not start (or attach to) Excel Application

iOfficeGetterHelper)

| 2014-11-20T11:39:27| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.addins.launcher.Launcher.Main() ()

Addin returned an error. Check logfile of the addin!

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.LaunchWithFile(ICrCOMAddIn iPioneerAddin)

| 2014-11-20T19:37:35| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.addins.launcher.Launcher.Main() ()

at com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.core.launcher.CrLauncher.LaunchWithFile(ICrCOMAddIn iPioneerAddin)

| 2014-11-20T19:44:39| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.addins.launcher.Launcher.Main() ()

| 2014-11-20T19:50:11| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.addins.launcher.Launcher.Main() ()

| 2014-11-21T12:16:16| com.sap.ip.bi.pioneer.addins.launcher.Launcher.Main() ()

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi V J,

I am  also facing same issue after the upgrade(4.1 SP7 ). Do you got the resolution for this issue? Please let me know.

Thanks

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I don't recollect completely but I think we didn't get any solution out of this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello V J,

I've come across this error quite often when working with MS Office 2007. Please check the following thread:

Since you are using an .sapaox file to launch the Workbook, I would advise you to try changing the local default program for that file extension to be the BiShared07AddinLauncher. You can do this in the Control Panel:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Ricardo Vieira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Ricardo.

I just realized that I have added wrong version in post, Apologies for that.

I am on MS office 2010. Will this work for 2010 as well?

If yes, how to change these settings in control panel? As i couldn't see it in 'Program and feature' folder,

I could these files in Program files->analysis folder though but not sure How to make it default.

Meanwhile I have tries few things listed in official admin doc and still couldn't resolve it.

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100016618432014E/14SP9_aaoffice_admin_en.pdf

"

5.2.1 Configuring the Analysis Add-In Launcher

You can configure the Analysis Add-In Launcher in the Start menu or in the desktop shortcut by adding the

relevant parameters:

1. Right-click the Analysis Add-In in the Start menu or in the desktop shortcut and select Properties.

2. Add one of the following parameters to the path in the Target field on the Shortcut tab:

○ BiSharedAddinLauncher.exe /app XLS starts the Analysis Add-In in Microsoft Excel. This is the default

setting.

○ BiSharedAddinLauncher.exe /app PPT starts the Analysis Add-In in Microsoft PowerPoint.

○ BiSharedAddinLauncher.exe /lb 0 starts the Analysis Add-In with load behavior set to 0.

○ BiSharedAddinLauncher.exe /lb 3 starts the Analysis Add-In with load behavior set to 3.

○ BiSharedAddinLauncher.exe /app XLS /AOOnly starts only the Analysis Add-In in Microsoft Excel and no

other Add-Ins.

○ BiSharedAddinLauncher.exe /app XLS /NoLO starts the Analysis Add-In in Microsoft Excel without

starting SAP BusinessObjects Live Office.

○ BiSharedAddinLauncher.exe /app XLS /UseRunningProcess starts the Analysis Add-In using a Microsoft

Excel process that is already running. If no Excel process is running, the Add-In is launched with the

default setting.

28 © 2014 SAP SE or an SAP affiliate company. All rights reserved.

Administrator Guide

Configuration○ BiSharedAddinLauncher.exe /app XLS /CreateProcess starts the Analysis Add-In using a new process if

Microsoft Excel 2013 is already running. The default behavior in Microsoft Excel 2013 is to reuse a running "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi V J,

since you are using MS Office 2010, you should continue using the standard BiSharedAddinLauncher.exe. The BiShared07AddinLauncher.exe is only to be used together with the 2007 version of MS Office.

Best regards,

Ricardo

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

V J - there was a patch with 1.4.9 - could you apply that and try again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy.

I am at dev side of the things so may not get my hands on latest patch but if you sure that is the reason for this error then I might push for it.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi V J,

I can't guarantee it will fix your issue but if you take the issue to SAP Support, I am sure they will ask you to apply the latest patch (as it is on their SAP Notes  checklist)

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy.

I am on 1.4.9.3241, what is the latest one? Can you point me to the sap notes you are talking about?

I think there ought to be a better to fix it.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is the latest one -

I haven't searched for notes; have you searched for notes for this at support.sap.com/notes ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have searched and haven't found any pointers.

However this link might be the solution, I don't have access to change registry so cant check immediately. Will try to test with someone who has the access.

http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-analysis-ms-office/blog/2012/06/18/integrate-analysis-o...