Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTNG use parallel sequence as ref. sequence problem

former_member183783
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know what kind of problem would cause if using parallel sequence as ref. sequence  in routing ...I tested it and seems no problem at all...

However,SAP NOTES indicates there would be problem if we use parallel sequence as ref.sequence..(as below)

What do u think of it?thanks.

627129 - Parallel sequence not permitted as a ref. sequence

Symptom

When you maintain the routing using Transaction CAxx or CEWB, a parallel sequence can be selected as a reference sequence for another parallel sequence.
Since this constellation cannot be released in the production order during the milestone confirmation and causes errors, a corresponding warning note should be issued if such a sequence is created.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I think that note 627129 is very clear. The parallel sequence should not be used as reference and it may lead to problems during milestone confirmation.

This note also explains that a warning message should be triggered when this sequence is created, however, it is not fobidden.

If you are not using milestone confirmations and if you have tested without any further problems, then I don't see a problem.

BR

Caetano