cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soap response binding workflow container problem

0 Kudos

Good morning,

I have a step in a business workflow with a web activity that calls a simple soap web service located on a sap nw bpm server.

The soap xml is transmitted successful to the web service, also the respond from the web service is fine.

The problem is that the reponse in the XML is not transfered to the step container/workflow container.

I have no idea left, what could be the reason it´s not transfered to the container.

This is the XML from sending/receiving.

These are the settings in the step.

I have found out, that upper/lower case letter sensitivity can generally be a problem with soap messages from sap workflows.

The transfered parameter "artikelnumber" seems to get modified to upper case letter automatically in the binding.

Therefore the parameter defined in the web service, needs also be in upper case letter.

Does anybody have an idea why the return from the soap message (=true) is not transfered to the container or what I am doing wrong here?

Maybe another issue with upper case letter?

Cheers,

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What type of container element  is 'RETURN'?

0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

I have tried string, char, boolean for step and workflow container, without success.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Please share  runtime container screenshot

0 Kudos

Below is the screenshot.

"return" is also upper case letter for the workflow. Could this be a problem?

The return in the soap is in lower case letter.

The workflow engine seems to change every element to upper case letter. Wondering why?

The export parameter "artikelnummer" (material number) was originally lower case letter in the web service definition of the web service.

I had to change this parameter to upper case letter in the web service definition to make it work with business workflow.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think "Return" may be a reserved word. Try using Return2 or something else slightly different.

regards

Rick Bakker

0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

what do you mean? The response attribute is "return", value "true" in the soap message.

As I understand it, the name of the response attribute and the element in den container must match.

Therefore it does not make sense to have return2 in the step container.

I have tested with other attribute names than "return" and the response value is never taken to the step container from the soap response.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you test the SOAP service in test run from SOAMANAGER . Is it return correct value in xml.

Also please check the authorization of  WF-BATCH

0 Kudos

Yes it´s working with soamanager/enterprise service and btw it also working in the workfow step.

The response XML sent and received in the webflow activity step is correct!

See the soap response on top of discussion.

But the value of "return" is not transferred to the container, that´s the problem.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

What I mean is:

I can see in the screenshots that there is a container element called "return". It looks to me like it's a custom container element. I've had problems in the past with naming container elements the same as ones that SAP Workflow uses for itself, i.e. "reserved words". So, that may be the case here.

If you've tried it and it doesn't make any difference then okay, it doesn't make a difference in this case. But if I were you I would delete that "return" container element. If you need it, then call it something else.

regards

Rick Bakker