cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Leave Approval "You cannot approve the leave from EMPLOYEE to Manager yourself"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

When I try to approve a leave request from my inbox, I get the error "You cannot approve the leave from EMPLOYEE to Manager yourself".

I tried for many users but still I get the same message. This is really odd that I get this message. Can anybody predict what could be the possible reason for this issue?

Please find the screen shot for reference

Thanks,

Gourishankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourishankar,

Please check MSS roles in ECC, some authorizations are missing.

Check authorizations in system trace through T-code ST01.

Thanks & Regards,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please provide more details of authorizations missing?

It would be helpful to have this stated in a SAP Note as well, as I am also facing this issue after implementing sap note 2000608.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Carla Sousa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carla,

I strongly believe its not a authorization issue because we also tested by giving sap_all. As per my understanding the code changes that came along the note is interchanging the approver and requester's places and hence this issue.

However we have raised this with SAP, will update once we get a solution.

Regards,

Gourishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gourishankar,

I agree with you regarding the authorization.

Thank you to post here the feedback you get from SAP.

Kind Regards,

Carla Sousa

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

are you using anything custom? Please verify here and if you are using UWL please check below and also check  if you have correct customization as per note 1773641 - ESS LEA: Web Dynpro ABAP based Leave Request use in UWL *& Object          METH CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBF *&                      INIT_FORM *>>>> START OF INSERTION <<<< *-  Note:  2000608: Code below is not requried *    IF cl_hrmss_wda_switch_check=>hrmss_sfws_wda_ui_02( )  EQ abap_true.      "Note:  2000608 *      IF mv_pernr_emp IS INITIAL. *        MESSAGE e013 INTO gv_dummy_char. **    Selected request was already approved/rejected. *        APPEND cl_hress_fpm_msg_services=>return_msg_fpm_sy( ) TO mt_messages_fpm. *        EXIT. *      ENDIF. *    ENDIF.                                                                    "Note:  2000608 *>>>> END OF INSERTION <<<<<<

Barin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi all

I am facing this issue when i try to execute the workitem from unified inbox.

There are two scenarios. If I execute this scenario from POWL then it works fine if note 1946640 is implemented however in the unified inbox it still throws this error.

I have observed that the reason is that request id is not passed in swfvisu. I am investigating this still hence if anyone has solution then please advise.

the issue i am facing right now is that in swfvisu for task 21500003 i maintain LRF_REQUEST_ID=${item.REQUESTID}

I am not getting return value on runtime for above parameter hence my application dumps.

If I remove above parameter then I get error that you can't approve this as manager.

If I maintain following parameter then component is not called and I get blank page.

APPLICATIONHRESS_A_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_APPL
CONFIGURATIONHRESS_AC_PTARQ_LEAVREQ
DYNPARAMLRF_ARQ_MODE=A&LRF_WITEM_ID=${item.externalId}
NAMESPACESAP

Ideally on EHP8 we must be using SAPUI app however we need islamic calender support which is not on SAPUI 5.

The plan of release is sometime in September this year.

thanks

barin

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please apply the note 2000608

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddarth,

Thanks for your valuable information.

We upgraded our system very recently hence this note is already in the system. Also note that the issue I'm facing is exactly opposite to this note and this is happening only after this upgrade. So I suspect that I'm getting this error only because of this note . Please Advice.

Thanks again,

Gourishankar.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

are you sure note is implemented? can you share your EA HR levels?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in 608 007 SAPK-60807INEAHRRXX. This note was release at 60805 level. Please advice.

Thanks,

Gourishankar