cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to PDF problem - OrgChart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nakisa Guru's,

We have problem on exporting our organization chart.

Print function works fine, but when we try to export to PDF the screen locks.

Our version was 4.0 and Flash verion was 14.

Then we realized that, 4.0 is not compatible with Flash 14.

We tried the same function in a computer with Flash 10, it worked well.

So we decided to upgrade  our Nakisa.

We have undeployed our Nakisa and installed newer version.

when we check, we can see that the version and build number changed.

But for the export to pdf function, nothing changed.

So I thought that the upgrade did not work, but while working on the problem I realized that, on the export screen I see a different version and build number.

It still shows 4.0 SP1 which is not the same as in the admin console.

It is not possible fro the client to downgrade the flash in all computers in company.

What I feel is somehow we could not manage to upgrade successfully.

Any oppinions, or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks alot,

Cuneyt Degertekin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm working on a 4.1 SP2 system right now (so not the same version as you but hopefully close enough) for a client and I do see the updated build details in there so that most likely rules out it just being someone not updating the version string for this component.

So that suggests that maybe something has been cached, but if you undeployed and then deployed I don't understand how that could be happening as all the caches should have been flushed.

Back in the main window right click on the background of a chart and see what you get shown in that one?  I get this:

If this is also showing as 4.0 SP1 rather than the 4.1 SP1 you expect then you may need to undeploy and deploy again (maybe consider going up to SP2 but there are transport updates too).  If this is showing as 4.1 SP1 and therefore differing to the print details it may be worth raising an OSS as there may be an update ... but chances are it could be an undeploy/redeploy to a newer build in any case.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that your Flash version 15.

Do yuo have any problem when you make "Export to PDF" in your version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I checked and see that it also shows 4.0 SP1 in the main OrgChart screen.

That probably means that the upgrade is OK and there is only a issue about the version string.

What do you recommend?

Trying the 4.1 SP2???

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't encountered any yet ... however the latest copy I have of the compatibility matrix (v37) only lists compatibility up to v14.  So I would not advocate updating to v15 for VSN system users just yet.  I happen to be accessing this client system from my laptop right now rather than the client's hardware and my flash player in IE is currently a bit higher than the official support leve; I updated to try and resolve an issue with my laptop.

Adobe relatively recently kicked into high gear on putting out major flash versions.  We started 2014 on version 11 and are now up to 15 ... I know Nakisa have been stretched in trying to keep up with regression testing against all of the versions now in play.

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it shows 4.0 SP1 on the OrgChart screen that suggests that the undeploy/redeploy didn't work fully as all of your flash components are showing as down level.  I believe each would pick up it's own version string.

I'd recommend an undeploy and deploy (after taking appropriate config & serial file backups to see if that resolves the issue.

In terms of selecting which SP, I would personally choose SP2.  The reason being that we deployed SP1 for OrgChart to a client a little while ago and encountered an issue with scheduling the extract/join/analytics job that required an update to SP2 to resolve.  There are numerous other fixes in the update too, but that was the deal breaker from my point of view as we mostly do hybrid architecture implementations (live data with staged analytics).

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the correct procedure to make the update successfully.

What we do is simply undeploy and deploy.

I even tried to delete all of the relevant directories from the server after undeploy.

But the result didnt change.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The undeploy procedure is set out in the VSN41_Deployment guide.  The deploy procedure is also in there but you may need to use SUM rather than JSPM to deploy the SCA.

There is also a VSN41 Upgrade Guide which contains a few additional details about getting OrgChart builds to work if you are upgrading them from 4.0 to 4.0 SP1 as well as some general points about the upgrade sequence.

I think these should both be part of the bundled VSN documentation in the initial SMP download.

Random ideas of things to check and try now...

• When you undeploy presumably the system is no longer accessible - i.e. you are definitely undeploying the correct system.  So you're ensuring correct environment/instance, not just one of a load balanced cluster, etc.
  • Double check that if you connect from another PC you get the same details.  I realise you were able to export from another machine but were the Nakisa flash object details being shown the same?
  • If/when all else fails you could try restarting NetWeaver just to be sure.
StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try working through the above and has this issue now been resolved or is it persisting? 

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have undeployed then re depoloyed.

Then restart portal.

It still did not work.

But after some time it solved.

We are not sure how or why. But it is resolved.,

Thanks for your help.