cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while running report in Crystal Report for Enterprise XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just installed Crystal Report For Enterprise XI 14.0.4.

When I try to open a report created with CR Developer 11.0.0.1282, I get the message warning : This report "report name" is read only.

Then a window propose to begin migration because of unsupported data sources.

CR for Enterprise can't match the Target Table (current database schema) with the Source table (built with SQL Query).

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blandine,

The version of CR for Enterprise you're using doesn't support reporting against SQL Queries (Command Object). The Support was added only in CR for Enterprise 4.1.

What you're trying to do is move from a Command based report to a report that is based off of direct tables (as that is the only supported feature with CR for E 4.0.4).

You have a few choices:

1) Upgrade to CR for E 4.1

2) When mapping the datasources, map the command object with such a table from the Target that has the most fields used on the report. If you have very complex sql in there (subqueries, unions etc) things will be extremely difficult.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you, both of you.

Abhilash, I upgrade to CR for E 4.1 and the issue is solved.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The version of CR4E that you're using (4.0 SP4) will NOT connect directly to a database.  In that version I believe you can only connect to a .UNX universe or a BEx query.  Any report created with CR XI will be connecting using either a database connection or a .unv universe, so I'm not surprised that you can't open it in this version of CR4E (which, by the way, does NOT include "XI" in the name.)

-Dell