cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aligning numbers on decimal symbol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to align numbers on the decimal symbol. Is there any option to get the numbers aligned like this (but without the underscores)?

__20.81

___3.9

_729.841

W. Luimes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Moved to CR Designer forum

You would need to convert them to strings and pad the spacing, like you did to show us. I don't see any way in CR Designer... but...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright, if that's the only solution. But... what? Thanks anway!

W. Luimes

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The other thing you have to be aware of when converting to string and padding is that most fonts are "proportional" fonts where the letters or numbers may have different spacing.  For example, 0 or 3 are wider than 1.  So, to get what you're really looking for, not only do you have to convert it to a string and pad the left and/or right, you also have to use a non-proportional font, such as Courier New, to get things to line up correctly.

-Dell

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click on the fields , Choose Format Field from the menu.  Click on the Number tab.  Click on Customize button.  Set the number of decimals you want to see, set the rounding, choose whether you want commas or currency symbols.

--DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I do this with the numbers I have mentions above all of them will get the same amount decimals, but it just adds zeros to the numbers which did not have enough decimals:

__20.8100

___3.9000

_729.8410

This is not what I want. I'm dealing with significance, so 20.81 is not the same as 20.8100, 20.8100 is 'more exact' then 20.81. I cannot add zeros to the number. Thanks for your response anyway!

W. Luimes

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don's right; you would need to bring them in as strings otherwise CR would always add zeroes depending on the number of decimals set for the field.

-Abhilash