Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subreport not dispalying data if section is moved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a template with 4 subreports.

Everything works fine, all the reports are populated with correct data. My problem occurs when I want to change the layout. In fact, there is only one order in which I can put my sections. If I try to move them around, the subreports will be empty.

Has anyone experience this issue ?

Thanks,

Benoit

NB: my main report stays in the first section.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

Are the Subreports 'linked' with a field from the Main Report?

If yes, then you could have different results when Subreports are moved across sections where the data changes too.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No all my reports are independent. And they obviously result from different sql queries.

Thanks,

Benoit

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, could you post a screenshot of the layout that works fine vs the one that doesn't?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I simply moved the subreport "Contacts" from Section e to Section b.

I am not sure that would help much unless you need some configuration details, but here it is:

Working

Not working:

Thanks,

Benoit

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very strange. So, none of the Subreports return any data although they're unlinked?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's right. It does the same if I move any of the subreport.

The funny thing is when I move a section only one step up (for instance E to D), only the sections affected (D and E) will not display data, the others are fine (i.e. A,B,C).

Benoit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try one thing you donot move the subreports from one Section to  another Section.

Remove all those subreports and freshly insert subreports for required sections.

Insert (Menu) -> Subreport -> select report -> ok

See how this helps...

Thanks,

DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that but does not work either.

Benoit