cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create repository in SAP XECM 10.5 Opentext

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed SAP Extended ECM 10.5 Opentext with MSSQL database for SAP suite. As per the installation guide I have installed Archive and Content server. But I am facing problem to setup the repository in ECC server which connect to Opentext server.

In OAC0 transaction, what parameters value have to be given to setup up repository ??

As per guide I have created a logical archive as "A1" in client Administration, but I don't know how to use it in ECC system ?

I need to know what values have to be assign here to create A1 repository?

Also when I click in Protocol tab, no values are found. As per the installation guide two protocols must be shown here. I have properly run the setup but strange to see the no values in protocol tab.

Regards,

Arjun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SSB
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear

The mandatory parameters in the OAc0 Transaction are HTTP server Host and port, Script.

I hope you have installed the Open Text Content Server. You need to provide the Host and Port details of the system/server where Content Server is installed.

You would also have to enter the script which may be something like 'archive' in case of Open Text.

Regards

SSB

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am following up a old blog but keen to understand few questions from what is See in above responses and configuration which are more from SAP end.

1) What Add-on is required for the SAP OT integration .. would we need following addon OpenText ECMLink for SAP Solutions 10.5 to be imported in SAP ?

2) Who is responsible for the license & support / upgrade for above component SAP or OT?

3) From OT perspective what activity / configurations are required considering  an already existing OT ECM setup. (do we need a OT Architect for setting up any activity in OT side ?

if there is an existing SCN link which helps address above queries that would be great.

Thanks

john

0 Kudos

Hi John,

To your questions:

#1: It depends for what scenario you are going for. A straight up ArchiveLink scenario e.g. simply attache a document to a transaction, you just need the OTEXBAS package. If you are going for a more sophisticated scenario that includes Extended ECM, for instance you want to employ business workspaces and/or records management you need in addition the OTEXRL package.

#2: Depending from where your company or client purchased the license from, remember SAP is a re-seller of OT software on their own marketplace. If purchased through SAP, then it will be a SAP SKU under your SAP license contract and to open a support ticket willl be exclusively through the SAP support portal. SA{ will fill in the first-level support before they hand it over to OT if necessary. If purchased directly through OT, then you under th OT license contract and you can open your ticket directly with OT support. In both cases upgrades / hot-fixes, etc. will be coming from OT

#3:  Well, this depends for what your existing ECM setup has been used so far and what your new or additional business requirements are. In general you definitely want an architect on your project to work with your team to design a comprehensive solution. There are excellent consulting firms available in the marketplace that are extremely competent. Please contact me at peter@infospire.net if you have any further questions.

Good Luck,

//Peter

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

You need to install Open Text Add-ons on ECC server to get the required protocols.

Refer to OT installation guide for the add-on names relevant for your SAP release.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have already applied Open text Add-Ons to ECC EHP7 system. You can confirm from the attached screenshot.

OTEXBAS    1050_700

Open Text Archiving and Document Access
OTEXRL    1050_700   OpenText ECMLink
OTEXERP    1050_600  Open Text Archiving and Document Access

Regards,

Arjun

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Did you happen to activate the business functions using SFW5 ?

Also share the steps followed post OT addon installation.

Regards,

Deepak Kori