cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Company Process of non-stock materials?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I need an advice about cross company process.

We have two company codes and two plants assigned to them.

Plant 1 is in a free-zone, so he can't procure anything directly. When he needs a non-stock material (like A4 Sheets as an example), he is requesting Plant 2 to buy these materials and sell them to him. So I need an advice how to manage this process?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can see two processes here

1, Plant 1 create an STO on plant 2 -- which Plant 2 need to fulfill .. plant 1 can see the report of open STOs that need to fulfilled using any purchasing report ME2M or ME2N. STO will be created by Plant 1 using their own cost center.

2. Plant 2 - Procure the materials from Vendors- Stock it into their warehouse - Material Type UNBW. Here plant 2 can use its own cost center.

Once materials are in plant 2 custody, plant 2 can fulfill the requirements open the open Stock transfer orders that are created in first process.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a question: Is it really needed that this non-stock stuff has to be done via the logistics module. What are the reasons that demand this. Isn't it sufficient to get the invoice created directly from Finance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Jurgen,

I agree with you, but how to inform Plant 2 when Plant 1 created an order? And from where this order to be created?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do they do it today without this SAP process?

Telephone, email, snail mail, drums..

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact they are same people who is dealing with the process.

I'm just curious about expenses.

Process like below:

1. PR opening to request A4 Sheets.

2. Plant 1 responsible is converting them to PO with account assignment cost center.

3. Plant 2 is creating another PO to vendor with DIFFERENT cost center ??? This is my issue.

4. So when Plant 2 received goods, how cost of goods will be reflected to my cost center?

I wish that it is clear.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why does plant 2 change the cost center?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesn't have to.

What do you suggest to manage this process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sefa,

Your question is regarding inter-company (or cross-company) non-stock transfer. I will assume that you know the configurations for inter company transfers. You can refer to link mentioned by Jagdeep for the relevant configuration.

I will just try to answer regarding the non-stock materials. This depends on the config. that is set in place for your inter-company purchase order document type. For the intercompany stock transfer PO document type (standard is NB) the account assignment category "K" should be allowed. If it is not allowed than you will not be able to transfer non-stock items.

For the intercompany PO - You can then simply enter the Account Assignment category on PO as "K", enter the non stock material # , enter the quantity, price and you should be able to create the non stock intercompany PO.

Regards,

Amit

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can think of following process to your problem but you can wait for others to update the information.

1. User Material Master for requesting these materials- Material Type UNBW-Material will be non valuated but  quantity can tracked and moved to other locations.

2. Create STR-Stock transfer request on plant 2, with account assignment such as cost center to procure these items

3. You can can skip the process step 2 if required  and directly create Stock transfer order document type NB or configure new one copying document type NB.

4. Make sure you have done all configuration settings for stock transfer such assignment of customer number to plants, plants created as vendors as well as customers. assignment of Delivery type etc, Please refer notes

109254 - Customizing stock transport order Cross Company

543821 - FAQ: Cross-company processing

308989 - Consulting note for cross-company transactions

5. Material master sales view are activated so that shipping data determined for the PO. You can also need to check which availability check is assigned to your material.

Rest process will remain the same.

Plant 1- Create STO with account assignment (K most probably)

Plant 2- Receive STO and Create Outbound delivery

Plant 2- Perform warehouse transactions if applicable and perform Post Goods Issue.

Company Code 2- Perform billing

Plant 1- Receive Goods

Company Code 1- Post MIRO if there are third party vendors involved to pay delivery costs.

Company Code 1- Post MIRO for goods supplied

You can also refer document for other settings and process details.

Thanks,

Jagdeep