cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP B1 FUNCTIONAL CONSULTANT CAREER ADVICE

dinesh_s1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear everyone, I am a 6 months experienced SAP business one consultant working in a small company in chennai.

How ever m going to stay here for an year to gain knowledge & experience in sap domain. Looking forward,

I need a crystal clear advice from you all. Getting an entry in sap domain is really very tof and i got it, now

the thing is that, i can't be staying in business one R/2 for years as it would not fetch me enof money than a R/3 module.

so pls advice me for the following and give me a clear path.

1) As a B1 functional consultant to which module should i make a shift in R/3 as a functional consultant.

2) what field of MBA (correspondence) should i choose for my next shift to R/3.

I dont need to go into technical side i wish to be in function itself. Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP B1 and SAP r/3  is completely diffrent.The most important thing is to be real about what it is you want to do and not be afraid to do what needs to be done.   

Check this link below.

Seeking guidance - Switch over from SAP business one to SAP r3 - Spiceworks

Hope this help you

Regards,

Manish

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you got an idea and no further question, please close this thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this blog:

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

former_member188586
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

as my personal experience instead of Studying MBA ,you should focus on Subject then you will get more subject,because already your working on sap B1 ,search on Big company may by GOD Grace you get good opportunity..

companys are seeking only subject  persons (means experience)

as per your concern your want study Through Distance (MBA) it will  take  Three years( as per course ) ,we don't know for complete (may be if you done good hard work you may get good score and you will complete with in 3years )

dinesh_s1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for you links Manish & Andakonda. I have gone through a lot of research but cudn't get a clear idea.  It would be good if you share your ideas in written than posting links.

1) As a B1 functional consultant to which module should i make a shift in R/3 as a functional consultant.

2) what field of MBA (correspondence) should i choose for my next shift to R/3.

This is what many exactly needs.

Thanks  in advance.

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dinesh , like i have experience of Sap B1 and even you also have, so  no need to expalin you about SAP B1 , and if we talk about SAP r/3 there are aprrox 30 Modules and all have their speciality according to the requirment of a Company, but some are common modules as per my knowlege which every company needs these are below.

Technical Modules

SAP Basis module –  Basis Admin, administration of SAP

SAP ABAP module – Advanced Business Application Programming(if you are good in programming)

SAP BI module - Business Intelligence

SAP HANA - HANA is future In-Memory Computing Overview | HANA | SAP

Funtional Modules

SAP SD

SAP PS

SAP FICO

I will suggest you that you should go for HANA it is new technology and future .

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

My answer may be disappointing you.However, 6 month B1 experience has little weight in selecting which R3 module you can shift to. It is all depending on which area you are good at.

If money is what you are up to, FI/CO is the promising module.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member188586
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Dinesh

check bellow thread  and under so many threads also there , just go through and come to  consuls-ion then stick one thing,   research  then start the journey

Thanks&Regards

AndakondaRamudu