Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass change of depreciation key using OA02, Substitution Rule and Work List

moazzammubarak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I need to mass change depreciation keys on a few hundred capital leased assets because the existing keys do not have interest posting enabled which requires a lot of manual work for the users. A few months back new depreciation keys having interest posting were created and tested which are working fine for subsequent additions. Now we want these interest keys to be also updated on the existing assets master data which are presently using the old depreciation keys. Please note that the new keys are identical with old ones in terms of same life and rates, except that interest posting is enabled on them so there is no question of changes in depreciation charge.

discussion on SCN suggests that OA02 using substitution rule and work list will do this task which is what I am looking for. The problem is I have never used this and have no idea how to go about it. Could I please get step by step procedure, especially the Work List part. Also, before doing this mass change, I want to test if changing depreciation key will serve the purpose so I want to change depreciation key on a single asset manually and observe the result. I want to know what should I do after changing the depreciation key so that the asset which is already existing in the books, also posts the interest for the remaining lease period (i.e. for a new addition, complete entry including interest and lease liability is created when we press Opening Posting button on Leasing tab in asset master but how do you do that for an existing asset?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer below document which is already published in the form, it has step by step process to create a work list.                       

After change the key, if you click on opening posting button, system will generate a accounting document for lease payment. The below accounting entry will generate it.

Lease assets a/c Dr

Interest clearing a/c Dr

Vendor A/c Cr

First test it for one asset in Dev, later do it for rest.

Regards,

Mukthar