cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branding the BI Launch Pad in EDGE 4.1 SP3 on Tomcat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone.

I am having trouble figuring out how where to put my custom.css file for branding in the BI launchpad.  I started out looking at some instructions on this forum in regard to version 4.0, but it appears 4.1 is different.  I am just wanting to do some branding on the BI launchpad (the page that users see after logging into the system).  I updated a customize.css file with the elements I wanted to customize, and I put that in the webpath.infofiew>META-INF>web>css, redeployed, re-started Tomcat, and nothing happened.  I would appreciate any pointers.  Obviously I am missing something.

This is all I was trying to update initially with my custom.css file:

/*=== (1) BI Launchpad login page ===*/

/* (1.1) customize background color and border of authentication fields container */
/* logonFields used to be div.logon_table */
.logonFields {
    background-color: #8DC63F !important;
    border: 2px solid #78A532 !important;
}

/* (1.6) customize the banner background pattern */
div.logonBanner {
}

/*=== (2) BI Launchpad Top part ===*/
/* (2.1.1) customize the top banner area */
#bannerArea {
    background-image: url("../images/theme/banner_launchpad_icm.gif") !important;

/* (2.2.1) customize the top tab container */
div.topTab {
    background-color: #8DC63F  !important;
    border-bottom: 2px solid #78A532 !important;
}

/*=== (8) HomePage rules (default homepage, or any workspace or compound module set as homepage) ===*/
/* (8.1.2) customize module title backgorund */
.WindowThemeinfoview .titleBG  {
}

/* (8.1.3) customize border of modules */
.WindowThemeinfoview .windowBorder  {
    border-color: #78A532 !important;
}

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

It will be good if you vote for below idea which is related to above post on sap idea place.

BO Customization Option from CMC : View Idea

former_member184088
Contributor
0 Kudos

It will be good if you vote for below idea which is related to above post on sap idea place.

BO Customization Option from CMC : View Idea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, everyone, I think I have a handle on where the css file goes now.  Everything is based on the com.businessobjects.webpath.InfoViewBranding.jar file.

former_member184468
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it different from the branding of non-EDGE BI4.1? If not, the steps below may help

1. Referenced this guide: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_oem_customization_en.pdf, specific info starts on page 61
  2. It was a little confusing, basically you have to start the Install (I did this on my local machine), then grab the mentioned zip file, unzip it, get the InfoViewBranding jar, and copy that out.
  3. Then, unjar the file to a folder called webpath.InfoViewBranding.
  4. Copy this folder to your (Tomcat) server location, e.g. D:\BI4\Tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\BOE\eclipse\plugins
  5. Take a backup of any files/images you customize first
  6. When you're finished testing the changes, copy the customized webpath.InfoViewBranding folder to the corresponding folder structure under the webapps path