Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to set up delegation for processing work items in workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I need your inputs:-

I have two questions .

1. I need to set up delegation for processing work items in workflow .I want to know how to set up  delegation when individuals are out and have not setup delegation beforehand in workflow.Is there any particular T-code to get this done as ADMIN.

2. The second question is

Issue -  The issue is that work items are struck with a particular   person and  he is not available to respond. In this case forwarding work items might be necessary if the responsible agent assigned to the work item is not available.

As far as I am getting one can forward work items as an administrator by using standard SAP transaction SWIA, a feature of the SAP Business Workflow. Enter selection criteria to search for a specific work item. Select the work item and choose the Administrator Forward push button. Administrators can also process the work item or send it back to the requester.

DO you have a step by step  documentation link on this with screen shots

Thanks

Anshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI,

As Karri said you can delegate  usin trasnaction  rmps_set_substitute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) I think you might have mixed up the terms delegation and substitution. When users are absent they should have defined substitute(s) for themselves. In an ideal world, they have done this by themselves for example in Business Workplace. Anyhow, if they have forgotten to do it, an admin can do it with report rmps_set_substitute. The substitute will be able to see the "substitutors" work items.

2) As Rick said, just try it. If you are able to find the correct work item with SWIA, you should be able to drill down to the technical view, and from there you should be able to forward the work item to other users. One really useful transaction is SWI5. With that you can "take a look" into other users' inbox (=which work items do they currently have), and then similarly to SWIA you can drill down to the work item and for example forward it. Remember also, that if you set up a substitute for a user, you don't necessarily need to forward the work items, because the subsitute will be able to see/process the work items already via the substitution.

Regards,

Karri

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As for question 2, you can try it yourself in SWIA on your Test system. It is very easy but you can build a step-by-step with screenshots if someone else needs that.

regards

Rick Bakker