cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC server is failing to start

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Env: DataServices 4.2/DQM 4.0/RFC4.0 on linux x86_64, ECC6 EHp7 with latest DQM addon - FLDQ 02

./start_<SID>_trans  (- after install)

Business Objects an SAP Company: BusinessObjects DQ Mgmt for SAP Solutions - RFC Server 4.0

Startup status: Reading configuration settings...

Startup status: Accessing SAP client metadata...

RFC server shutting down by user request.

bodsvsdb $

To update DQM/RFC versions.. (on LINUX X86_64)

1. How to check the version of DQM installed ?

2. How to uninstall the DQM ?

3. Please provide sap note on Version compatibility matrix among components

(Dataservice / DQM / RFC server / DS Components), to check before proceeding with installation?

I refered Guide dont have details on above concerns:

(SAP BusinessObjects Data Quality Management, version for SAP Solutions Document Version: 4.0 SP05 - 2014-07-17)

Please help ASAP and guide me with expert suggestions to setup environment..

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed DQM & RFC components SP05 (latest) and post steps -(RFC/DS) handshake were taken care.

Why the RFC’s are not found in the RFC server Repository even after upgrading RFC server DQM component.

11/19/2014 14:15:43 [    FINE ] Ready

11/19/2014 14:15:43 [    FINE ] RFC Server FLRFCSRV@<SERVER> State Changed from STOPPED to STARTED

11/19/2014 14:15:44 [    FINE ] Started

11/19/2014 14:15:44 [    FINE ] RFC Server FLRFCSRV@<SERVER> State Changed from STARTED to ALIVE

11/19/2014 14:16:41 [    INFO ] RFC Server connection 21-<SERVER>|3300|FLRFCSRV catched java.lang.Exception: 'GET_PRODUCT_VERSION_INFO' could not be found in the server repository..

11/19/2014 14:16:41 [    INFO ] RFC Server connection 21-<SERVER>|3300|FLRFCSRV catched java.lang.Exception: 'GET_PRODUCT_VERSION_INFO' could not be found in the server repository..

] RFC Server connection 50-<SERVER>|3300|FLRFCSRV catched java.lang.Exception: 'GET_PUBLISHED_GENERIC_SERVICES' could not be found in the server repository..

Thanks
Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you see if Service_Job_Realtime_DQ_SAP_Product_Version service is running.

0 Kudos

@Surya: The above stated errors reported for all the services_*

If I want to recheck, where (tool/location) should I check ? If it is not running - wat is the fix ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you want to check ? you can check services in managemnt console @ Real time services. what is your FLRFCSRV log file shows ? is it possible to post all your services and errors here ?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

SAP replied as

1. You need to use DQM for SAP RFC server to establish the connection.

- Can you please elaborate to set it up? searched in user guide, does not have relevant details.

KBA 1520645 - Cannot connect to the RFC Server from the SAP GUI - Data Quality Management for SAP.

2. How to start RFC server in the background (*FLRFCSRV_trans/*FLRFCBTC_batch) ?

want to see in running status continuously inspite of closing putty session.

Session gets killed after closing putty session when I run as below.

./*FLRFCSRV_trans & OR ./*FLRFCSRV_trans

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

were you able to resolve the issue ?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

1st issue fixed from Dataservices, after republishing the RT jobs and Web services.

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you post latest FLRFCSRV.txt log error here ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can run /FLDQ/RSPRODVER( SE38) in your target SAP System to check the versions installed.

svelpula
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

In the \InstallData folder, open the inventory.txt file and you get the installed version of DQM

Thanks

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sri,

Files has only below two entries..

>>more inventory.txt

SAP Data Services 4.2  SP2 (14.2.2.446) - de, en, fr, ja

Information platform services 4.1 SP2 (14.1.2.1121) - de, en, fr, it, ja, ko, zh_cn, zh_tw