cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP generated PR with tied link to Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With regards to the following two questions.

1. I notice that when come to Third Party Dropship and Individual Purchasing process (i.e. vendor sending to you, and you send to customer), the purchasing requisition created automatically upon which a sales order line item is entered and saved.
  2. However, there is another case in which the purchasing requisition does not get created upon a sales order creation, but, the PR is only created and generated, when an MRP is run.

Regardless of 1 or 2, the item category in the PO will registered it as "E" as sales order stock with account assignment field showing the sales order document number.

May I know:

A - Why sales order document in scenario no. 2 does not trigger PR instantly and in what kind of scenario does no. 2 require to come into picture. It seems process no. 2 not making any business senses.  (note, I am a MM guy).

B - When come to system setting, how to make no. 2 process take place?

Regards,

Tuff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. However, there is another case in which the purchasing requisition does not get created upon a sales order creation, but, the PR is only created and generated, when an MRP is run.

May i know about the above scenario clearly, and try to elaborate this scenario with more details if possible?

Regardless of 1 or 2, the item category in the PO will registered it as "E" as sales order stock with account assignment field showing the sales order document number.

In the first scenario either in 3rd party sales or in IPO process system copies the account assignment category E from the sales schedule line category to PO through PR.

where as in 2nd scenario don't which case you are talking about?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinu,

I am asking what is the purpose of the process to relly on MRP to generate a PR with linked to Sales Order as oppose to PR created automatically upon which a sales order entry is enter in the standard SAP dropshipment and invididual Purchasing order?

Regards,

Tuff