christianhansen
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed the instructions in this video  PAL -- Key concepts

and the previous one PAL -- Getting Started

I have copied the code available,

http://www.saphana.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3043-3-9210/PAL%202%20Key%20Concepts.sql.zip

but when I run

CALL SYSTEM.AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR ('PAL_TS_S', 'AFLPAL', 'SINGLESMOOTH', PAL_TS_SIGNATURE);

I get the error

Could not execute 'CALL SYSTEM.AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR ('PAL_TS_S', 'AFLPAL', 'SINGLESMOOTH', PAL_TS_SIGNATURE)' in 15 ms 966 µs . SAP DBTech JDBC: [423]: AFL error:  [423] SYSTEM.AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR: line 32 col 1 (at pos 1198): [423] (range 3) AFL error exception: AFL error: registration finished with errors, see indexserver trace

Any solution... ?

Cheers  /Chris

PS.

I do not think my problem can be solved by the solution to this forum

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3311619

since the first column in  PAL_TS_SIGNATURE  is a simple   INT.

And I made sure that my problem cannot be solved by the solution to this forum

by changing the names of all types and tables by adding a  "_CH"  string. Currently, after adding some

DROPs and the wrapper eraser, my code looks like this

SET SCHEMA _SYS_AFL;

DROP TYPE PAL_CH_T_TS_DATA;
DROP TYPE PAL_CH_T_TS_PARAMS;
DROP TYPE PAL_CH_T_TS_RESULTS;
CREATE TYPE PAL_CH_T_TS_DATA AS TABLE (CALENDAR_ID INT, SALES_AMOUNT DOUBLE);
CREATE TYPE PAL_CH_T_TS_PARAMS AS TABLE (NAME VARCHAR(60), INTARGS INTEGER, DOUBLEARGS DOUBLE, STRINGARGS VARCHAR (100));
CREATE TYPE PAL_CH_T_TS_RESULTS AS TABLE (CALENDAR_ID INT, SALES_AMOUNT DOUBLE);

DROP TABLE PAL_CH_TS_SIGNATURE;
CREATE COLUMN TABLE PAL_CH_TS_SIGNATURE (ID INT, TYPENAME VARCHAR(100), DIRECTION VARCHAR(100));
INSERT INTO PAL_CH_TS_SIGNATURE VALUES (1, 'PAL_CH_T_TS_DATA', 'in');
INSERT INTO PAL_CH_TS_SIGNATURE VALUES (2, 'PAL_CH_T_TS_PARAMS', 'in');
INSERT INTO PAL_CH_TS_SIGNATURE VALUES (3, 'PAL_CH_T_TS_RESULTS', 'out');
CALL SYSTEM.AFL_WRAPPER_ERASER ('PAL_CH_TS_S');
CALL SYSTEM.AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR ('PAL_CH_TS_S', 'AFLPAL', 'SINGLESMOOTH', PAL_CH_TS_SIGNATURE);

but I still get the same error:

Could not execute 'CALL SYSTEM.AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR ('PAL_CH_TS_S', 'AFLPAL', 'SINGLESMOOTH', PAL_CH_TS_SIGNATURE)' in 11 ms 398 µs . SAP DBTech JDBC: [423]: AFL error:  [423] SYSTEM.AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR: line 32 col 1 (at pos 1198): [423] (range 3) AFL error exception: AFL error: registration finished with errors, see indexserver trace

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got this to work.

When inserting into the PAL_TS_SIGNATURE table, specify the SCHEMA name for the Table Types (DATA, PARAMS, RESULTS).  See Highlighted Changes below.

CREATE COLUMN TABLE PAL_TS_SIGNATURE (ID INTEGER, TYPENAME VARCHAR(100), DIRECTION VARCHAR(100));

INSERT INTO PAL_TS_SIGNATURE VALUES (1, 'PAL.PAL_T_TS_DATA', 'in');

INSERT INTO PAL_TS_SIGNATURE VALUES (2, 'PAL.PAL_T_TS_PARAMS', 'in');

INSERT INTO PAL_TS_SIGNATURE VALUES (3, 'PAL.PAL_T_TS_RESULTS', 'out');

Once I made those changes, it ran just fine. 

Cheers,

Brian

0 Kudos

Hi Brian, you are right. Thanks for your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its worked for me.... Thanks

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

christianhansen
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian and Meenu!

This is what finally worked for me:

DROP SCHEMA CHRISPAL CASCADE;

CREATE SCHEMA CHRISPAL;

SET SCHEMA CHRISPAL;

CREATE TYPE PAL_T_TS_DATA AS TABLE (CALENDAR_ID INT, SALES_AMOUNT DOUBLE);

CREATE TYPE PAL_T_TS_RESULTS AS TABLE (CALENDAR_ID INT, SALES_AMOUNT DOUBLE);

CREATE TYPE PAL_T_TS_PARAMS AS TABLE (NAME
VARCHAR(60), INTARGS INTEGER, DOUBLEARGS DOUBLE, STRINGARGS VARCHAR (100));
CREATE COLUMN TABLE PAL_TS_SIGNATURE (ID INTEGER,
TYPENAME VARCHAR(100), DIRECTION VARCHAR(100));

INSERT INTO PAL_TS_SIGNATURE VALUES (1,'CHRISPAL.PAL_T_TS_DATA', 'in');

INSERT INTO PAL_TS_SIGNATURE VALUES (2,'CHRISPAL.PAL_T_TS_PARAMS', 'in');

INSERT INTO PAL_TS_SIGNATURE VALUES (3,'CHRISPAL.PAL_T_TS_RESULTS', 'out');
CALL SYSTEM.AFL_WRAPPER_ERASER ('PAL_TS_S');

CALL SYSTEM.AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR ('PAL_TS_S','AFLPAL', 'SINGLESMOOTH', PAL_TS_SIGNATURE);

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to HANA PAL. How do I get data used in the videos? For example, without test data / tables, I cannot repeat the class discussed in "Apriori " video. Where I can get those test tables and import into my HANA One?

Thanks.

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can get it here: https://github.com/saphanaacademy/PAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Things to note when following the lectures are

1. Use your own schema PAL is the Schema they are using

So

SET SCHEMA MYPAL;

2. edit the insertions from the schema where you created the input and output tables and prepare signature table

INSERT INTO PAL_DT_SIGNATURE VALUES (1, 'MYPAL.PAL_T_DT_DATA', 'in');

INSERT INTO PAL_DT_SIGNATURE VALUES (2, 'MYPAL.PAL_T_DT_PARAMS', 'in');

INSERT INTO PAL_DT_SIGNATURE VALUES (3, 'MYPAL.PAL_T_DT_MODEL_JSON', 'out');

INSERT INTO PAL_DT_SIGNATURE VALUES (4, 'MYPAL.PAL_T_DT_MODEL_PMML', 'out');

3.--also granting access is important before calling afl wrapper.

GRANT SELECT ON I840458PAL.PAL_DT_SIGNATURE TO SYSTEM;

Hope this explains

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I get the same error when I execute the same code on HANA (1.00.66)

Same trace file: AFLPM_SQLDriverObj.cpp(02338) : aflpm_creator:uder schema PAL_T_TS_DATAtable type inis not exited.

I also used the code and SQLScripts from the saphanaacademy video tutorials, checked the schema etc.

Has anyone found a solution?

Regards,

Leonardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue.

AFLPM_SQLDriverObj.cpp(02338) : aflpm_creator:uder schema PAL_T_TS_DATAtable type inis not exited.

I have tried running it several times in different schemas and with slightly different variations with no success.  I have watched the Troubleshooting and AFL_WRAPPER_ERASER videos, but those only cover trying to create a Procedure with the same name and issue with the Data in the Signature table.  I cannot find anything to further describe this specific error. 

If anyone knows how to resolve this, please share because its really frustrating not to be able to continue with the tutorials. 

-brian

markus_kohler3
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I get the same error when I execute it on my HANA (1.00.60) where other PAL codes work perfectly fine.

However, if I change the 'SET SCHEMA _SYS_AFL;' in the first line of the code to  'SET SCHEMA  <another personal schema>;',  i don't get the error when calling the wrapper_generator. This deviates from the code that is shown in the academy video and provided in the link above. However, it is along the lines of the examples in the AFL SP6 manual.

Cheers,

Markus

christianhansen
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks allot for helping out here!

It is weird but for me the error does not dissapear if I change to another schema. I even tried to create a new schema, but that did not help either.

So I am on HANA 1.00.61 and run this code:

DROP SCHEMA "TEMP" CASCADE;

CREATE SCHEMA "TEMP";

SET SCHEMA "TEMP";

CREATE TYPE PAL_T_TS_DATA AS TABLE (CALENDAR_ID INT, SALES_AMOUNT DOUBLE);

CREATE TYPE PAL_T_TS_PARAMS AS TABLE (NAME VARCHAR(60), INTARGS INTEGER, DOUBLEARGS DOUBLE, STRINGARGS VARCHAR (100));

CREATE TYPE PAL_T_TS_RESULTS AS TABLE (CALENDAR_ID INT, SALES_AMOUNT DOUBLE);

CREATE COLUMN TABLE PAL_TS_SIGNATURE (ID INTEGER, TYPENAME VARCHAR(100), DIRECTION VARCHAR(100));

INSERT INTO PAL_TS_SIGNATURE VALUES (1, 'PAL_T_TS_DATA', 'in');

INSERT INTO PAL_TS_SIGNATURE VALUES (2, 'PAL_T_TS_PARAMS', 'in');

INSERT INTO PAL_TS_SIGNATURE VALUES (3, 'PAL_T_TS_RESULTS', 'out');

CALL SYSTEM.AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR ('PAL_TS_S', 'AFLPAL', 'SINGLESMOOTH', PAL_TS_SIGNATURE);

and the trace file says

[14628]{307453}[1363/187424] 2013-08-25 18:33:28.991247 e AFLPM_SQL        AFLPM_SQLDriverObj.cpp(02338) : aflpm_creator:uder schema PAL_T_TS_DATAtable type inis not exited.

Any thought what could be difference between yours and my setup?

Cheers /Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm also having the same problem. I have followed videos/tutorials from SAP Hana. However, I'm using the "ANAMOLY DETECTION" algorith of SAP Hana. I give a call to the wrapper generator as follows,

call SYSTEM.afl_wrapper_eraser('PAL_ANOMALY_DETECTION');

call SYSTEM.afl_wrapper_generator('PAL_ANOMALY_DETECTION', 'AFLPAL', 'ANOMALYDETECTION',PAL_AD_PDATA_TBL);

I get the following error,

Could not execute 'call SYSTEM.afl_wrapper_generator('PAL_ANOMALY_DETECTION', 'AFLPAL', ...' in 866 ms 814 µs .

SAP DBTech JDBC: [423]: AFL error:  [423] SYSTEM.AFL_WRAPPER_GENERATOR: line 38 col 1 (at pos 1819): AFL error exception: AFL error: registration finished with errors, see indexserver trace

Any help will be appreciated.

Samir

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Did you get any further with this problem?

Regards,
H

christianhansen
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

No, I did not get any further than described above.

Cheers

/Chris

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

For the above error you should follow other two videos from SAP HANA academy, as it has been explained clearly.

Since you have followed 2 of the videos, I request you to follow at-least the following once:

PAL -- Multi-user considerations

PAL: Authorizations

The following two videos - will solve your problem.

PAL: Troubleshooting

PAL: Using the new AFL_wrapper_eraser

Regards

Kumar

christianhansen
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The hints in these 2 latter videos do however not help. As you see above I have already used the wrapper_eraser

and dropping the types PAL_TS_S__TT_PX,  X=1,2,3  does not help me either. My trace file says

[20924]{314615}[14/175889] 2013-08-23 01:58:35.359101 e AFLPM_SQL        AFLPM_SQLDriverObj.cpp(02338) : aflpm_creator:uder schema PAL_T_TS_DATAtable type inis not exited.

Anybody got any idea... ?

Cheers

/Chris