cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: hit error when activate the analytic views.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I hit a troublesome issue when activate the analytic views. Could you please help me have a look? Thanks.

Does anyone meet this issue before?  Can anyone point me to activate that analytic view?

Any suggestion is welcomed.

In my project, there are 7 attribute views and 4 analytic views, and all the attribute views can be activated, but 3/4 analytic views can not be activated, the reason is “No Visible Attribute Found in Analytic View”.

My steps are as below,

0, Grant the select permission on “SYSTEM”, “TEST_SHARED”, “TEST_SHOWMORE” to _SYS_REPO

1, Import the table.       -- OK

2, Import the model.        -- OK

3, Activate the attribute view.      -- OK

4, Activate the analytic view.       -- ERROR

My HANA version is 53, and HANA Studio version is 1.0.56.

It’s strange that there’s just one analytic view can be activated successfully.

You can find the table and model that I imported in the attached. 

1. The following image shows 3/4 analytic views can not be activated.

2. The following image shows error when activate,

3, Open one of the analytic view that can not activate,

4, Open the only one analytic view that can activate,

Please see the table and model that I imported in the attached. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sesh_Sreenivas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kai,

Is the server-side validation going through? If yes and you are running out of options, then try to turn off the client side validation through Window->Preferences->Modeler->Validation Rules.

Or you can try activating by By-Passing the Validation (right click on the Analytical View & activate)

Regards

Sesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sesh,

You give me such a great help, the problem is solved by uncheck the checkbox named "Attribute Existence Check".

By the way, I wonder how to import model using script. Eg, we can import table like this,

"import all as binary from '/tmp/tablepath' with replace threads 10".

But, this way does not work for model import. Because the import statement only imports tables, views, column views, synonyms, sequences, or procedures. Looks like it does not support import models.

So, I'm still confused by importing model and activated both attribute views and analytic views using command.

Can you point me on this?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kai

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

To import HANA content (views, privileges, etc.), you can use HANA Studio modeler's IMPORT functionality which will allow you to import as a "Delivery Unit". If you wish to use command line, you can use "regi" tool which comes with HANA Client (both at the server side or remote client). Your viewes need to be exported  first as a "*.tgz" file and then import either at Studio or at command line with "regi".

You may find useful as it discusses how to export views from one system (Dev Edition) to another system (HANA One).

By the way, please include which HANA Edition (Dev Edition, HANA One, OnPrem Appliance) you are using along with HANA version.

Thanks,

Swapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapan,

Thank you for your kindness, your reply is quite helpful. Now I can use regi to import DU successfully.

But I am still bothered by a troublesome issue in recent days.

Would you please look into it and give me some guide in? Prior thanks!

I use "regi import DUname"  to import my delivery unit that I export.

When use "regi import" for the first time, everything goes well, the attribute views and analytic views can be activated automatic, and this is what I expected. Then I delete the package.

For the second time, I do the same steps, but error occurs looks like as below.

Using default workspace ("").

ACTIVATION ERROR: object: ".", package: "", timestamp: 2013-06-26 11:15:15.1550000

: code 301: exception 301:

repository/base/activation/activator.cpp:885

message not found;Activation: Source code move.: SQL preparation or execution failed. Details can be found in the indexserver trace file.

exception 71000301:

ptime/query/plan_executor/trex_wrapper/trex_wrapper_body/trex_update.cc:2054

Table(ACTIVE_OBJECTCROSSREF)

Imported the delivery unit file: /tmp/sqltrace/Model.tgz

Workspace:

Force Remove: 1

Auto Activate: 1

Activation mode: 4

Only test import: 0

Read: 5520 bytes

Delivery Unit: MYCONTENT

Vendor: Sap

Imported objects: 11

Activated objects: 10

Deleted objects: 0

Reverted objects: 0

Import failed (40136): Activation during import failed: See check results and trace file for more information.:

Then I try to use HANA Studio to activated the package, still unsuccessful. Errors in log file looks like as below.

• Activation failed: See check results and trace file for more information.
    • Activation is performed with activation mode cascade two-phases.
    • exception 301:nrepository/base/activation/activator.cpp:885nmessage not found;Activation: Source code move.: SQL preparation or execution failed. Details can be found in the indexserver trace file.nexception 71000301:nptime/query/plan_executor/trex_wrapper/trex_wrapper_body/trex_update.cc:2054nTable(ACTIVE_OBJECTCROSSREF)n 

In the indexserver trace file,

[27476]{315693}[131/-1] 2013-06-26 12:46:51.954759 e REPOSITORY       dbutils.cpp(01012) : Copy inactive cross references to active: SQL execution of

'INSERT INTO _SYS_REPO.ACTIVE_OBJECTCROSSREF select o.from_package_id, o.from_object_name, o.from_object_suffix, o.to_tenant_id, o.to_package_id, o.to_object_name, o.to_object_suffix, o.src_path, o.dst_path, o.ref_type  from _SYS_REPO.INACTIVE_OBJECTCROSSREF as o inner join _SYS_REPO.ACTIVATION_HELPER2 as h  on o.from_package_id = h.package_id and o.from_object_name = h.object_name and o.from_object_suffix = h.object_suffix  where h.is_deletion = 0 and o.from_owner = ? and o.from_workspace = ?

('SYSTEM', '')

SQL string with parameter values instead of '?':

INSERT INTO _SYS_REPO.ACTIVE_OBJECTCROSSREF select o.from_package_id, o.from_object_name, o.from_object_suffix, o.to_tenant_id, o.to_package_id, o.to_object_name, o.to_object_suffix, o.src_path, o.dst_path, o.ref_type  from _SYS_REPO.INACTIVE_OBJECTCROSSREF as o inner join _SYS_REPO.ACTIVATION_HELPER2 as h  on o.from_package_id = h.package_id and o.from_object_name = h.object_name and o.from_object_suffix = h.object_suffix  where h.is_deletion = 0 and o.from_owner = 'SYSTEM' and o.from_workspace = '''

failed:

unique constraint violated: Table(ACTIVE_OBJECTCROSSREF) at ptime/query/plan_executor/trex_wrapper/trex_wrapper_body/trex_update.cc:2054

exception  1: no.71000301  (ptime/query/plan_executor/trex_wrapper/trex_wrapper_body/trex_update.cc:2054)

NO exception throw location recorded. Stack generation suppressed.

[27476]{315693}[131/-1] 2013-06-26 12:46:51.954862 e REPOSITORY       activator.cpp(00870) : Activator::moveSourceCode: Caught SQLException during source code move for activation 86:

exception  1: no.71000301  (ptime/query/plan_executor/trex_wrapper/trex_wrapper_body/trex_update.cc:2054)

NO exception throw location recorded. Stack generation suppressed.

[27476]{315693}[131/-1] 2013-06-26 12:46:51.968871 e REPOSITORY       repository.cpp(00284) : Fatal activation error: exception  1: no.70000301  (repository/base/activation/activator.cpp:885)

message not found;Activation: Source code move.: SQL preparation or execution failed. Details can be found in the indexserver trace file.

exception throw location:

1: 0x00007fd04d11d37d in repo::RepoException::RepoException(int, ltt_adp::basic_string<char, ltt::char_traits<char>, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> > const&, char const*, int)+0x39 at repoexception.cpp:31 (libhdbrepo.so)

2: 0x00007fd04d11d411 in repo::FatalError::FatalError(int, ltt_adp::basic_string<char, ltt::char_traits<char>, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> > const&, char const*, int)+0x10 at repoexception.cpp:40 (libhdbrepo.so)

3: 0x00007fd04cff84e6 in repo::Activator::moveSourceCode(repo::InactiveSession*, ltt_adp::vector<repo::ObjectID, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> > const&, repo::InactiveVersion const&, repo::ActivationMode, ltt_adp::vector<repo::CheckResult, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> >&)+0x1a2 at activator.cpp:885 (libhdbrepo.so)

4: 0x00007fd04d000278 in repo::Activator::activateObjectsInternalFast2(repo::AbstractSession*, ltt_adp::vector<repo::ObjectID, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> > const&, repo::InactiveVersion const&, repo::ActivationMode, ltt_adp::vector<Authorization::ObjectId, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> >&, repo::ObjectDependenciesFacade&, ltt_adp::vector<repo::CheckResult, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> >&)+0x7e4 at activator.cpp:597 (libhdbrepo.so)

5: 0x00007fd04d002bfc in repo::Activator::activateObjects(repo::AbstractSession*, ltt_adp::vector<repo::ObjectID, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> > const&, repo::InactiveVersion const&, repo::ActivationMode, bool, repo::ObjectDependenciesFacade&, ltt_adp::vector<repo::CheckResult, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> >&)+0x408 at activator.cpp:271 (libhdbrepo.so)

6: 0x00007fd04d545783 in repo::Repository::activateObjectsInternal(repo::Activator&, repo::InactiveSession*, ltt_adp::vector<repo::ObjectID, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> > const&, repo::ActivationMode, bool, ltt_adp::vector<repo::CheckResult, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> >&)+0x1a0 at repository.cpp:346 (libhdbrepo.so)

7: 0x00007fd04d56af99 in repo::Repository::activateObjects(repo::InactiveSession*, ltt_adp::vector<repo::ObjectID, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> > const&, repo::ActivationMode, int&, ltt_adp::vector<repo::CheckResult, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> >&, bool)+0x5c5 at repository.cpp:265 (libhdbrepo.so)

8: 0x00007fd04d379d13 in repo::ProtoHandler::dispatchActivateObjects(TRexUtils::JsonObject&, TRexUtils::JsonObject&, TRexUtils::JsonAllocator&, ltt_adp::basic_ostringstream<char, ltt::char_traits<char> >&)+0x4a0 at proto.cpp:3160 (libhdbrepo.so)

9: 0x00007fd04d38c091 in repo::ProtoHandler::_dispatch(ltt_adp::basic_string<char, ltt::char_traits<char>, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> > const&, ltt_adp::basic_ostringstream<char, ltt::char_traits<char> >&, bool&)+0x1840 at proto.cpp:1175 (libhdbrepo.so)

10: 0x00007fd04d38edc4 in repo::ProtoHandler::dispatch(ltt_adp::basic_string<char, ltt::char_traits<char>, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> > const&, ltt_adp::basic_string<char, ltt::char_traits<char>, ltt::integral_constant<bool, true> >&, bool&)+0x2e0 at proto.cpp:812 (libhdbrepo.so)

11: 0x00007fd04d3938dd in repo::Transporter::handleV2()+0x699 at transport.cpp:244 (libhdbrepo.so)

12: 0x00007fd04d394f08 in repo::Transporter::process()+0x194 at transport.cpp:37 (libhdbrepo.so)

13: 0x00007fd04d395041 in processRestMessage+0xb0 at transport.cpp:387 (libhdbrepo.so)

14: 0x00007fd02db00731 in ptime::BuiltinProcedure_REPOSITORY_REST::execute(ptime::Env&) const+0x130 at dyn.h:71 (libhdbrskernel.so)

15: 0x00007fd02d4b1b28 in ptime::Proc_call::execute(ptime::Env&) const+0x11f4 at qe_proc_call.cc:173 (libhdbrskernel.so)

16: 0x00007fd02d4b20c5 in ptime::Proc_call::operator()(ptime::Env&) const+0x1e1 at qe_proc_call.cc:131 (libhdbrskernel.so)

17: 0x00007fd02daaac31 in ptime::Query::_execute(ptime::Transaction&, ptime::Query::Plan*, ptime::Query::param_t*, ptime::Query::result_t*)+0x1c0 at query.cc:3726 (libhdbrskernel.so)

[27476]{315693}[131/-1] 2013-06-26 12:46:51.968871 e REPOSITORY       repository.cpp(00284) : 18: 0x00007fd02daacc56 in ptime::Query::execute(ptime::Transaction&, char const*, ptime::Query::param_t*, ptime::Query::Plan*, ptime::Query::result_t*, ptime::Statement*)+0x5a2 at query.cc:587 (libhdbrskernel.so)

19: 0x00007fd02dc859c3 in ptime::Statement::execute_(bool, bool)+0x8c0 at Statement.cc:1752 (libhdbrskernel.so)

20: 0x00007fd02dcbaa15 in ptime::CallableStatement::execute(bool, bool, bool, bool, ptime::Statement::BatchProcessingState, bool)+0x381 at CallableStatement.cc:280 (libhdbrskernel.so)

21: 0x00007fd02dd87ef6 in ptime::Session::executeQuery(ptime::Action&)+0xa2 at sm_session.cc:1204 (libhdbrskernel.so)

22: 0x00007fd02dd80bc3 in ptime::SessionHandler::handleEvent(ptime::AppEvent*)+0x150 at sm_handler.cc:677 (libhdbrskernel.so)

23: 0x00007fd02dd8435c in ptime::SessionHandler::receiveMessage(ptime::CommEvent*)+0xb08 at sm_handler.cc:512 (libhdbrskernel.so)

24: 0x00007fd02dd96500 in ptime::TcpReceiver::doWork(ptime::CommMgr*)+0x8d0 at tcp_receiver.cc:358 (libhdbrskernel.so)

25: 0x00007fd02dd97574 in ptime::TcpReceiver::run(void*)+0x1d0 at tcp_receiver.cc:413 (libhdbrskernel.so)

exception  2: no.71000301  (ptime/query/plan_executor/trex_wrapper/trex_wrapper_body/trex_update.cc:2054)

My steps:

1, import some tables.

2, grant the select privilege to _SYS_REPO with grant option.

3, set 3 variables, because if use regi we need to export REGI_USER, REGI_PASSWD, REGI_HOST.

4, regi import  '/tmp/sqltrace/Model.tgz'

5, do some test......

6, delete from "_SYS_REPO"."ACTIVE_OBJECT" where PACKAGE_ID='acceptance-explorer'

7, regi delete packname

PS: We can think step 1~4 as setup section, 6~7 as cleanup section.

If I do the above steps for the first time,  everything is OK. Then do it again, hit error.

Can you point me which steps is wrong or I miss something? How can I fix it ?

Request your help.

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regi is not released for external use with SP5, and also not with the initial shipment of SP6.  Please use studio features instead of Regi.

B/R -

Ron Silberstein

SAP HANA Product Management

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note, I think this issue has nothing to do with privilege, because I already grant the select permission on the  needed schema to _SYS_REPO with grant option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, have you added some of your attribute views into analytic views, or made some of them as key attributes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your reply.
I have checked the attribute views is already added into the analytic views, and the key attribute also exist.

The tables and models is in the attached.

If convenient, I would appreciate it it very much if you could import the table and model then activate the attribute views and then activate the analytic views  to help me find the root cause of this issue. Thanks very much.

Regard,
Kai