cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escalation at Role Owner Stage - Wrong Behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an issue with escalation at Role Owner Stage.

I have enabled escalation to Alternate Role Owner after 5 days, if the role owner hasn't approved.

Now that my request has 4 roles, out of which 3 roles are approved and 1 role is pending approval.

Once escalation criteria is met, only the role which is pending approval should escalate to alternate role owner.

Instead all the roles (which are already approved) are being escalated to alternate role owner.

We have already implemented the below SAP notes. We are on GRC SP13.

2008881 - Approved request items are also escalated alongwith unapproved items

2000779 - UAM: Esclation on roleowner stage not working properply

Experts please help me in getting this issue fixed?

~ Madan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly thoroughly have your ABAP person implement the code as per the attachment in the KBA 2008881.
There is a variable "CV_DO_NOT_ESCALATE_APPROVED" to 'X'" to be set as "X" and this deprives the approved items from being escalated.

Any issues, you please provide the code you have implemented to achieve this BADI -  snapshots would be useful.
But again, but sending the code, kindly ensure the homework by ABAPers - as this BADI has been successfully implemented with many other customers.

All the best!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara/Manik,

We are on GRC SP13.

As per Note 2008881, we already implemented the BADI interface "IF_GRFN_MSMP_ESCALATE_OVERRIDE" and method "STAGE_ESCALATION_OVERRIDE"

Please check screenshot below

Still we are facing the same issue. I have raised a OSS message for the same and yet to get reply from SAP. I will update the thread once I get response from SAP.

~ Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan.

Is necessary to apply OSS note 1603140 if you are in an above SP05?

I havent implemented this note and i have already raised a OSS note but i am still awaiting for a good response.

Kind regards and thank you.

Sara.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara/Madan,

Implementing SAP note 2008881 is required as mentioned in the note.

Prior to that you should have implelemented Escalation BADI to override the current logic

BADI interafce: IF_GRFN_MSMP_ESCALATE_OVERRIDE
BADI Interface Method: STAGE_ESCALATION_OVERRIDE

Importing Parameters:

• IV_PROCESS_ID - MSMP Process ID
  • IV_PATH_ID - MSMP Path ID where the Escalation occured
  • IV_STAGE_SEQNR - MSMP Stage ID where the Escalation occured

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu,

Thanks for the details. Now I found out where the issue, I will check and get back to you.

~ Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhu,

Finally my issue got fixed My BADI had some issue hence the class created as part of 2008881 was not being called. I debugged and fixed the issue.

Thanks a lot

~ Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

The method of the BADI should only contain the code indicated into the image attached. The rest of the code proposed by note 2008881  did not worked in my case.

Kind regards.

Sara.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

We have the same issue, we implemented the note but its not getting called. What was your issue and how you fixed it.   We are at GRC 10.0 and SP12.  Please let us know.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You escalation Badi , its a standard note available in SAP KB search.

2008881 - Approved request items are also escalated alongwith unapproved items   

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

This note  2008881, I have already implemented and I have mentioned it in my discussion.

Do you have any other suggestions for this issue?

~ Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I am facing the same problem. I am on SP12 and after implementing note 2008881 the behaviour is still incorrect.

Any idea?

Kind regards and thank you.

Sara.