cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Cube from BWA does not clear all occupied memory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I got some issue with our BWA and hopefully you can help me out with that.

We had a overload message from BWA and in order to fix that we decided to delete one cube from the BWA. So far so good but as

I see now deleting the cube only gives me round about 50% of the occupied memory back.

Can you tell me why there is still memory occupied by a cube which should not be any more on the BWA at all?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There may be other objects in BWA Accelerator. For example cube or queries.Check that.

And also there are some percentage of memory which wont be free even if there is nothing in accelerator.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

of course there are many other objects in the BWA but I am talking only about one cube. I can see a very fine granular BWA  memory situation by choosing a single cube in the TREXADMIN - tool (Index Admin).

Before deleting the 0TCT_C01 cube we got round about 5GB of memory consumtion by this single cube, after deleting it still consumpts round about 2.5 GB (the most of it by fact table indices).

Andreas 

natsuka_rastert
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas

Where do you see that there is still memory used by a cube that you deleted and which index occupies the memory?

Regards,

Natsuka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natsuka,

thanks for the quick response.

I can see that using TREX Admin Tool --> Index Admin. I chose my deleted index there and summarized the column "Memory sized [kb] (total).

Regards,

Andreas

natsuka_rastert
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

The index seems to be not deleted completely and successfully from BWA.

Can you please try deleting the infocube again?

If deletion does not work, please check BWA trace files or the job log in BW system.

Regards,

Natsuka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natsuka,

sorry for the late reply.

There is no chance to delete the cube again from BWA, therefore I had to add it one more time to the BWA which is not my intention at all.

Same would be necessary for the trace files analysis, am I right?

So I had to activate the trace files and then had to reproduce the deletion of the cube from BWA?

Thanks,

Andreas

natsuka_rastert
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

If you cannot create & delete the cube again, that is ok.

Do you see in BWA, all the indexes from the InfoCube exists or partially the indexes are not deleted?

In general when you delete a cube from BWA all relevant indexes except shared master indexes must be deleted and you should not see a logical index in BWA.

If a whole infocube exists in BWA, a RFC destination to BWA might be different when you deleted the cube?

or when deleting the cube, an error might have occurred. Please check TREXIndexServer trace files.

If we can reproduce the issue, a python trace will be helpful for us.

Kind Regards,

Natsuka