cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define the size of private folder in Easy DMS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to ristrict the user to keep  the data in private folder after the maximum limit

please help me how to define the private folder size in easy DMS.

after the limit user is not able to keep data in private folder.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are talking about a size limit, do you mean a limit of the file size or a limit of the number of document info records in your folder?

Best regards,
Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thank You

I am talking about the folder size in Easy DMS.

while we are using easy DMS at that time it's provide an option to create a private folder.now i want to define the size of that private folder,(maximum limit of folder i.e. size of folder should not be greater than (100 MB or 200 MB etc....))if user want to store his file in private folder after the maximum limit it do not allow him to store the file .at that time it has to be show one message to user that you reach to maximum limit if you want to store the data in folder please delete some previous files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi christoph,

I  am talking about

number of document info records in my folder?

but do not want to restrict the user in terms of number of documents in folder,need to restrict the user as per folder size that means user can not store the document in folder after 50 or 100 MB( he can store multiple document but the maximum limit of folder has to be define after max limit if he want to store any thing he has to delete existing data from the private folder)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anirudha,

I don't know much idea on folder level file size restriction in EasyDMS .  Here am posting  possibilities for file size restrictions below .

1.  Technically we can do restrict on OS level under IIS ->'MaxDB file length'  .here u can put lenth of the file . Right unable to guide you the exact path due to  content server unavailable in my place and more ever done long back.

2.  Through coding you can do that please discuss with ABAPer .

Regards,

chandu.

p190355
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be done in SAP Customization / SPRO

Pl. check :

Cross-Application Components>Document Management>Control Data>Define Document types

Here the size limit can be defined.

Also check : http://scn.sap.com/community/plm/document-management/blog/2014/06/20/how-to-create-dir-and-document-...

Hope this helps

Regards,

Remi

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

I know this customizing setting in transaction DC10 but as far as I know this file size limitation only works for files stored in the SAP database. As mentioned in its F1 help

The value is only checked when the original files are not stored via Knowledge Provider.

So I'm sorry but this is not a working solution I think.

Best regards,
Christoph