Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody ,

System features

Windows Server 2008 R2 64

24 Gb Ram

4 Processors

Business Objects 4.1 Service Pack 4 patch 1

Web Intelligence Reports which scheduled , stuck in running state generally . For example I scheduled a report hourly or 2 hours , Some hours but not specified ,report is stuck in running state . it doesnt complete.

What can I do about this issue ? Could you help me please ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

former_member268297
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Has anyone tried SAP Note 2239864 - Scheduled web intelligence reports remain in running status with BI4.1?  Add parameter -type outproc -forceterminate to job server properties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were recommended this same fix by SAP but it hasn't helped to solve the issue. In our environment, the scheduled reports won't get to running state or pending.

After spending many many days on this issue, we have created a script that alerts the support team and restarts the Job Server in case of schedule being missed to run.

former_member269762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How much time does the report take to generate when you refresh on demand?

Regards,

Deepti

former_member725163
Discoverer
0 Kudos

HI deepa,

the reports take less than 1 minutes when refreshed on demand.

this issue is not with a particular report. It happens randomly but almost everyday.

there are no locks at DB side

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the health status of Job Servers in CMC?

Tried restarting Adaptive Job Servers?

If you have tried all that and still not working, probably time ot raise a ticket with SAP Support.

Also, lot of issues have been fixed in SP07 of BI 4.1. Another option would be to upgrade to SP07.

former_member269762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

sometimes restarting the adaptive job server will free any stuck processes so u can try this.

Also check if increasing the max concurrent jobs helps..

Regards,

Deepti

former_member244450
Participant
0 Kudos

we have max concurrent jobs set to 40 for crystal and 7 for webi and 20 for publications.

We have more crystal reports runs than webi. As we see that the scheduling jobs go into running state...once in a week...can this max concurrent jobs count increase would resolve the issue.

can we increase this count , if so to what extent can we increase?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are there any kind of lock entries. i mean at sap level or DB level.

Regards,

Deepa.

former_member725163
Discoverer
0 Kudos

HI,

i have the same issue in bo4.1sp6 fp 6.6.

we have a clustered environment and there are some reports which are scheduled for every 2 hours.

the schedules are going to running state and never finishing.

at the same time I can refresh the same report without any issues.

did anyone found a solution?

former_member244450
Participant
0 Kudos

even we are experiencing the same issue. We have around some 500 odd scheduling jobs(crystal reports, webi and publications) running on daily basis.

Environment: BI 4.1 SP5

Suddenly the jobs go into running state and they never complete.

The only work around I could see is to restart SIA where AJS is configured which has been helping me till now. But this is production, everytime this service restart is inturn adding manual effort as I have to re-run all those failed instances during this service restart..

I am new to BO, why has no one found a solution till yet. even SAP is unable to pin point this issue. They ask logs and all that stuff...no one has right knowledge on the metrics of Adaptive job service.

Still beating around the bush...please help us if anybody has found a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have the same issue here, 4.1 SP6. 1 out of 100 times (we have lots of schedules) the report is stuck at running and the next schedule runs fine again. That running job does take up a slot on my job server which makes it a pain, because eventually I'll run into "no free slots on job server" situation.

Still looking for a solution, haven't found one yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem reports is reading data from Data Ware House Database - ETL . Normal reports which is reading data from live database , have not problems about schedule .

gp9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ozgun,

did you ever find a solution for this?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create one new job server and disable the existing jobserver then  try to schedule the report.

Regards,

Ilaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

We tried it , and created 2 new job server but nothing has changed

former_member190982
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Per you description,

You have a recurring schedule which sometime completes and sometimes is stuck in running status?

Could you please let us know the below details:

1. When did this started to occur? were any changes made to system which you think, which might have caused the issue?

2. How many Job server do you have , with WEBI SCHEDULING service

3. Click on the running link in the and see which job server the request is going  and is it the same job server everytime ?

4. What happens to this running schedules? Do they fail with error or they complete sucess full after some hours ?

Regards,

RVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have 4 Web Intelligence Processing Server , 1 Adaptive Job Server. No error or no warnings . Normaly a report run time takes 1-2 minute . When it stuck running state , report run time takes 3-4 hours.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your BO clustered or stand alone server? Do you have multiple CMS servers in your environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bo Server Stand Alone Server .We have one CMS server .

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be this issue happen, more than one report scheduling at Once, If some report take to run long time for example database query tokes too long.

Try at the time schedule only one report and check the status.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the report run ,No report is not working in system . Just running a report in that time period.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check you system memory utilization.

And Restart the SIA and try again.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes , I restarted server one more than .

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes , I restarted server one more than .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ozgun,

Do you see any errors or warnings in Event Viewer coming from Job Server or Job server child ?

Regards,

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , No error or no warnings . Normaly a report run time takes 1-2 minute . When it stuck running state , report run time takes 3-4 hours.