cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Provider functions (delete objects, set scene position,..)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm searching for some functionality of Visual Business in Web Dynpro, which work in the Dynpro version. In Dynpro I can delete objects of the scene via service_provider methods or change the zoom and angle of the view via set position. In debug mode of the update_map_scene-method I found out there is a corresponding service_provider with exactly this functionality. But I get no access to it. Currently, I am only able to add objects to the map, open detail- or context menus or set a fly_to-event.

Do I have to implement some interfaces oder inherit from a specific class?

Regards,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205613
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Marc,

I am not sure which Visual Business you are using and what is exactly the use case.

From Floorplanmanager side we provide a GUIBB Called FPM_VISBIZ_UIBB where you can set in the general settings the application class, which is per default one of ours but you can inherit from it and internally you have access to the service provider class.

A demo example is the webdynpro application FPM_DEMO_VISBIZ_FLY_THE_WORLD with configuration ID FPM_DEMO_VISBIZ_FLY_THE_WORLD. Please check in your system.

Regards

Heike Leopold

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Visual Business 2.0.

My use case is simply a demo case to test the functionality of Visual Business. Since I focus mainly on the Visual Business component I do not realy care for much other UI elements and currently I am not using Flooplanmanager.

I have an application which works fine in dynpro, where a local class inherits from CL_VBI_GEOMAP_APPLICATION. With the reference to an object of this class I can call the service provider and for example remove some objects from the map.

Now, I want to transfer this application to a webdynpro application. When I start it, the component shows the map, to which I can add some objects.

I am searching for a possibility to delete the objects I added just before. Since this works in dynpro by calling a method of the service provider and pass the corresponding GUID, I thought it would work the same way in the webdynpro version.

Where do I get the demo You mentioned?

Regards

Marc

former_member205613
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

our application is available with release 7.40 SAP_UI SP 3 and we are using Visual Business 2.1.

Please check if your system is on this release and support package. If this is the case you can see our demo when you goto transaction SE80 and search for webdynpro application configuration FPM_DEMO_VISBIZ_FLY_THE_WORLD.

If you are not on this level please let me know so I can tell the visual business colleagues to say a word on that.

Regards

Heike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heike,

our system is on 7.31 SP 6 with Visual Business 2.0.

In se80 I did not find your application.

Regards

Marc

former_member182119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

In your release is no FPM GUIBB for Visual Business. There is only a WD component, which support the basic FPM interface for incorporation within a FPM UI. Are you using WD component VBC_WDC_GEOMAP_GEN2 (VB 2.0) or VBI_WD_VISUAL_BUSINESS (VB 2.1)? Further: Can you point to the exact place in code where you try to access the service_provider.

Best regards,
Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

I am using the VBI_WD_VISUAL_BUSINESS component. Apparently we have Visual Business 2.1 installed and I did a mistake with my statement that we are using 2.0.

Most of the time, I tried to access the service_provider in the assistance class, but I tried it nearly in all parts of the application.

Where should I get access to it and through which component?

Regards

Marc

former_member182119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

In the assistance class you can use APPLICATION->SERVICE_PROVIDER. This gives you access to the high level API IF_VBI_SERVICE_PROVIDER. If you need low level access, you can get via attribute  APPLICATION->SERVICE_PROVIDER->SCENE_MANAGER to IF_VBI_SCENE_MANAGER. By casting this to CL_VBI_SCENE_MANAGER you can extend the access further.

Method SET_SCENE_POSITION belongs to the control adapter. This can be accessed via attribute  APPLICATION->SERVICE_PROVIDER->CONTROL_ADAPTER.

Best regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

I thought that somehow I have to use application. The problem is that I do not have access to it. Do I have to use an interface or an other component? Or did I miss something during initalization?

Regards

Marc

former_member182119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

APPLICATION is a protected attribute of the assistance class CL_VBI_WD_ASSISTANCE. So you can use it within this class. However, you have no access from outside of the component.

Component VBI_WD_VISUAL_BUSINESS is configurable. We allow to provide own implementations for application class, service provider and control adapter via configuration. Thus you can derive you own application specific service provider from our default implementation. This gives you full access.

Best regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Uwe, it works fine now.

Answers (0)