cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

551 movement type with Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to scrap materials without order reference (VL01NO) and PGI the material using 551 movement type. I get below error while doing the PGI-

Update control of movement type is incorrect (entry 551 X X _ L)
Message no. M7226
I have looked into all notes 138679,161729 but not able to figure out what is the actual issue. Why SAP is not allowing "L" movement indicator for 551 movement type and why can't it be changed. I did search other forums but couldn't find an accurate answer to my questions. Has any one faced with similar situations?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

I am wondering whether you have found a solution to this as I was thinking of doing the same and ended up with the same error.

Regards

SF

zain_alvi1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Kishan,

I wanted to check with you - were you able to find a solution to this problem? I am currently facing the exact same scenario, where I have the added complication of having WM activated as well.

I would like to propose that a delivery without reference is created, and the PGI be done via movement type 551. Is this possible via standard customizing or does it require some sort of enhancement? Thanks.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK now came to know that your problem is scrap sale . I do not think so that you can update the table T156SY. As earlier we have the same kind of situation and SAtP suggested not to update the standard table. Even my system is also have the VL02N as allowable transaction . But scrap is not a stock type from system takes out the stocks and send out . It is a consumption happened against a cost center .

However i could find few threads which will help you .

Regards,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3454433

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra..My situation is scrap the material without sales order reference. I will create a delivery VL01NO (without referernce) and do a Post Goods issue which should call either 551 or customised movement type. Wheather i am issuing it or scrapping it inventory should get reduced from the unrestricted Stock and scrap account as inventory offsetting entry and inventory account should get hit. Scrapping of the material is with reference to a delivery note, which we are sending it to third party system who will confirm actual delivery of the item which will PGI in out system . Unforntunately none of the threads answer my actual issue.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is that case , they will not since they explain how you to go for a sale for a scraped quantity . You have to write one enhancement like an user exit to get activated at the spot of PGI , which will have the condition , when that condition is fulfilled , take the Z moment you created which is equivalent as and you assign the GL like the scrap GL account so that this will get done

Regards

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally when you use 551 though it says by the system that it is a goods issue , infect it is not an issue . It is a scrap. You are making the scrap decission by using the moment type 551 . and you can not use the same moment type for the PGI kind of issues . It is an issue

scrap will be against a cost center for which the costs of the scrapping need to bear . and hence you can neither alter the OMJJ for for 551 nor use it for the PGI purpose . This will alter the standard behaviour .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think so. If you see in standard OMJJ for movement type 551 allowed transaction by default VL02N has been assigned. This means SAP allows PGI through 551 movement type. Only issue is movement indicator "L" which is determined when doing the PGI which is greyed out in the standard system. There will be scenarios where you will be sending scrap material to a scrap customer for a price by creating sales order/delivery/invoice who in turn recycles it or trades it as a scrap dealer. In these cases either a sales order /delivery/invoice option or delivery without reference/invoice option is adopted.