cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF Plus rules based on MDG Change Request Type or Reason Code

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to check the field "Material Group" for a particular CR Type.  If user's enter any other material group system should throw an error message asking the user to enter a specific material group.  We are on ECC6 EHP5, is this possible to achieve.

Please advise.

Regards,

Rama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On EhP5, you should be able to use document to help you build validation rules: .

0 Kudos

rHi Abdullah,

This documents is about BRF Plus rules for an attribute within the entity.  I am looking for BRF plus rules based on MDG change request type or Reason Code which are part of header data of MDG change request.

Thank and regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

CR header information could be made available for your entity-specific validation rules.

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

In which entity do we have the header information of CR?  Is there any document related to this? 

Thanks and regards,

Rama

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

please refer to the below link might help you.

0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thank you for the details.  The link talks about making a particular field in the CR header mandatory.  I am looking at creating BRF+ rules based on Reason Code in the header of MDG CR.  Please advise if there is a option.

Regards,

Rama

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

Please define the reason in the below path

Change Requests->Define Reasons for Change Requests

and then call the reason in the decision table that should work.

If you want to create the rules for validation and derivation then you have to create the data object in the BRF+ rules and call the same,not sure will this work because the validation and rule are defined on Data model.

double check what you want to achive,because I think you can control the WF as mention above.

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

We already have a reason code.  We cannot include them in the Data Model as these fields Change Request Type and Reason Code are MDG specific only and they do not exist in ECC.

I think we will have to go for customization and a logic will have to be built to check the correctness of material group.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your validation application, expand the "Data Object" folder. There you will find CR header fields listed individually. Keep in mind that you need to assign them to the signature of your validation function in order for them to get any values assigned to them.